Sonic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turn Order
WIP
Latest topics
» SSWiki Page Dump
Faint Memories EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm by Turbo

» Wikia Entries
Faint Memories EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

» Archieness
Faint Memories EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm by Turbo

» WE HAZ COOKIEZ
Faint Memories EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 am by Turbo

» Hi There!
Faint Memories EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm by Turbo

» Being MIA and Stuff
Faint Memories EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm by Knuckles the Echidna

» Numerology and Character Personalities
Faint Memories EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 am by Knuckles the Echidna

» Forum Debate
Faint Memories EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am by Turbo

» The Intercessory
Faint Memories EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm by Turbo

Wikia Entries

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

To Edit:
-Locke
-Dr. Moreau
-Negative Egon
-Dr. Smoke
-Menthor
-Julie-Su

Comments: 0

Poll

Who should be part of the Chalice?

Faint Memories I_vote_lcap29%Faint Memories I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Faint Memories I_vote_lcap29%Faint Memories I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Faint Memories I_vote_lcap0%Faint Memories I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Faint Memories I_vote_lcap14%Faint Memories I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Affiliates
Mirrored Mobius
Sonic Story
Crossed Off 2.0
Sonic Darkness
Return2Mobius

Faint Memories

5 posters

Go down

Faint Memories Empty Faint Memories

Post  Turbo Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 pm

It had been a year since the invasion of the Black Arms, and the preemptive strike that had gone so sour, so quickly. The megalomaniacal alien leader had promised answers that he had never delivered, leaving Shadow wishing that he had gone along with him, at least some part of the way, to find what he had been looking for. Sadly, he hadn't expected the Black Comet to go down exactly like that, and he never was able to find or recover the strange alien's form.

In the wake of the Black Arm invasion, Shadow had been offered some form of partnership with the G.U.N., but he had never followed it up, preferring to work as a lone agent. There was one singular time that he had gone to them for help, albeit in a roundabout manner, when he called Rouge up on a favour, and had her scout their files for all information on his person and on the mysterious man that he remembered as 'Gerald'. Their files had a great deal on 'Project Shadow', but nothing on his reason for existence; his purpose... And the exact connection that he had with this Black Doom, or Maria, or even Dr. Eggman, who had been laying claims to him for as long as they had been in contact... that was never clear.

He scoured Westopolis, and those ancient ruins for some key to what the aliens were, and why they would target him out of the billions of inhabitants to help them purge the world, careful not to touch anything like floating green rocks (having learned his lesson with Knuckles), but G.U.N. had been so thorough in its cleansing, and cover-up that he was forced to conceed.

A year. A year of not knowing. A year of watching the skies in an almost desperate paranoia, uncertain of what to do if they returned, but wishing that they would, even if he knew they had been destroyed. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life with a big question as to his very existence... A year, and he had stopped looking up, even when it rained.

But that would change...

(Characters: Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Doom)
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

https://sonicsociety.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Faint Memories Empty Re: Faint Memories

Post  Shadow the Hedgehog Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:15 pm

It all seemed like what happened a year ago was just in a distant past, having it felt like it never happened. It didn't prove to do much for the black hedgehog, as his memories and "so-called" connections he had been hearing, just couldn't ever be clear enough. Why did the actions that occurred, had to? Sometimes it felt to him, that the way the Black Comet went down, as-long as the entire Alien army, shouldn't have went out the way that it turned out to.

A lot has happened ever since the events had ended. He was offered a partnership with G.U.N., but he decided to venture as a lone agent. The only ever occurrence he could remember of actually helping out with them, was when calling up for Rouge, and have her scout their files for all information on the person he was in search of info for, and on the mysterious figure he could remember by the name of "Gerald". The eventual found files, had a lot to do with 'Project Shadow", but still not a damn thing on his reason for existence, let alone his purpose. And what about this exact connection that he had with this Black Doom, or Maria, or also Dr. Eggman? They always had been laying claims to him for as much time they had contact with Shadow, but it never was a clear memory to him.

By this rate, he was on an unhealthy level of Paranoia, and after an entire year, he still didn't know the truth. He was too uncertain on what to do, had the black army ever come to return, though he knew they were destroyed. He never doubted the fact that they could come back however, and it had constantly riddled on in his mind when he tried to think to himself.

One day however, when he found no reason to look up anymore, he saw a bright light emerging from the clouds that surrounded the place. The sky turned a bright red, and suddenly, he knew what was about to happen.

Shadow the Hedgehog
Shadow the Hedgehog
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:27 pm

A year since the incident.
A year since his rebirth.

Lord Black Doom strode down the halls of the Black Comet, recently restored through labors of the Black Arms' worshiped divinity, eyes narrowed with ambitious anger. He had waited far too long, rested and watched from dark corners of safety, and he was certainly restless. In that year, many things had occurred, altering the path of Black Doom's life as he knew it.

Just before his final breath, three of his most trusted soldiers joined hands and restored his life. Oh, how he was thankful for the deed...he certainly would be more thankful, rather, if everyone had been concentrating. One soldier slipped up, an image of Shadow appearing in his mind before speaking the resurrecting words, and in a blink of an eye and cloud of smoke, the menacing alien returned to life in a (in his opinion, pathetic) hedgehog body.

After recovering from severe wounds and learning to walk and balance and steady himself, he had moved onto the matter of what to do with that pesky half-breed known as Shadow. He had been watching his creation search endlessly for far too long. Several times he had been close to teleport directly down to Shadow's location and giving him a good smite or twenty, but he always seemed to resist said temptation. None of the times seemed to be right.

That was, however, until this very day.

He awoke with a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach, later determined to be a sense of anxiety and eagerness. His heart was set on finding that damned hedgehog and showing both he and the human race that this civilization was not to be reckoned with.

It wasn't long before he went to a peaceful place in the Black Comet, meditating deeply on Shadow's location. Sitting such a far distance from the hedgehog made it increasingly difficult to pinpoint his location exactly, but he could snag his general area after a long while of peace and dead silence.

"Begin executing your positions without me," Black Doom commanded his restored army in his now-satiny voice, flared with vengeful intentions, "I have some important business to attend to first."

So it began. He vanished in a subtle glowing light, appearing under the cover of the shadowy trees. A strange place for him to be, the alien leader thought, but he knew his "child" to be the lonely type, after all. He went straight to work, lifting his head slightly, sniffing the air for any traces of Black Arms scent. He cringed, sickening at the stench of humans and Earth itself, but tried to keep his senses as narrowed and specified as possible--natural scents only...pleasing to the nose...earthy, warm, and refreshing. Scents of soil and crisp grass spiraled around his head, and he growled in response. These were not the smells he sought for.

He quietly hurried along, mindful of his footing, ear twitching at every heartbeat he passed. Thick, dull thumps...fast pitter-patters...all incorrect. The ebony hedgehog closed his eyes, breathing deeply yet again to see if he could advance any further in his search for Shadow's scent.

Clean, clear jasmine. Yes, that was it...it had to be. He followed its trail swiftly, his own heart racing now out of sheer eagerness to reunite with his biological son. Gradually, even, he began to pick up on calm, gentle thumps; a heartbeat--Shadow's heartbeat. The corner of his mouth curled slightly upward at the sound, his own perfectly synced with it. The little connections they had were so amusing.

After following the trail for a minute or two, he suddenly came across an ebony hedgehog, roughly his own size, gazing up in awe at the darkened skies. He held back a laugh, merely smirking at how dumbfounded Shadow was after all these months of standing and staring...

Leaning over, he extended his arms out and placed his hands on the sides of the “young” hedgehog’s head, tweaking his ears and pinching them lightly in his gloved fingers. A demented grin spread across his face, feeling the warm, familiarity of Shadow’s presence, as well as a twisting feeling of fear and discomfort engulfing his captive.

"Shadow...it's been a while, hasn't it?"

[Hn. Mostly backstory. But vital. XD]
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

http://lazlotitan.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow the Hedgehog Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:46 pm

(I apologize this is so late.)

Thinking to himself was the most that Shadow could do on his own when he had the time to only himself. Why do those images from just one year ago, keep playing back in his head? Until he suddenly looked up, as the sky turned red, it all came back to him. He knew that what he always thought inside his heart was right. It wasn't over, and one could presume that they were back, for a vengeance. Not only did Shadow feel eager to finally have this all come back to him, the black hedgehog was also nervous, scared, and uncertain on what he should do. He had closed his eyes to play these images out in his head, to himself.

All of a sudden, to the surprise of Shadow himself, someone had placed their hand on his shoulder. He wasn't used to this himself as people usually stayed away from him, because to many, Shadow had more of a threatening appearance to others. Ohh, had his sudden thought disappeared by the feeling of a simple palm on his shoulder. He didn't want to look back, atleast, not at first. So, he had politely asked the figure behind him: "Can I help you sir? What brings you to here?"

Well, what else was he supposed to say? Shadow could never think of something else to say to another person if they had confronted him. Then again, it might've only been because it so rarely ever happened. Until, suddenly, when the person behind him spoke, suddenly, it had hit him.

That wasn't just anyone behind him..

That was..

BLACK DOOM!

Instantly, he began to lose his comfort inside of him. His heartbeats had started raising faster than they had done so in about a year. Everything was coming back to him, it was all starting to become a reality, yet again. Shocked, Panicked, and almost Scared for his life was now beginning to rush into his head faster Sonic the Hedgehog could run.

He turned back facing Doom so fast, because he knew that this was no normal time where Shadow would speak with another being, have they ever did speak with him to begin with. He noticed however, that Doom had been permanently altered ever since Shadow rose victory the year ago. He had now turned into an ebony colored hedgehog, about his height and size. The traumatizing shock that began to erupt in his head, as he saw the one who knew so much about his life, now in the simple form that Shadow had been since his own creation... which he still knew nothing about!

Speaking now in such a nerving, and panicking tone that had gave him a cold stream of chills down his soft back, he knew that even one simple mistake, could never be good. "Black Doom! I thought you were dead!" he was huffing and puffing a bit more loudly by this point...

Now, it was the 2nd take onto finding out his own identity..
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shadow the Hedgehog
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 pm

The alien leader could only smirk, chuckling beneath his breath at the display of fear and shock from his biological son. He was so close to cowering in fear...and heaven knew how much he loved watching someone tremble like that. He fought the urge to make a sarcastic response to the casual question, as there were many things he wanted Shadow to do...regenerate the Black Arms' numbers, conquer the Earth alongside Black Doom himself, die...

...Mostly the last one.

Keeping the sadistic, dark smile, he folded his hands behind his back and waiting for the hedgehog to finish his rather satisfying reaction. It was nice to know that even as a pathetic hedgehog, Black Doom was still threatening, even though it may have not been the same intimidation-level as before.

"Well, it certainly doesn't seem like I am now, does it?" The playful grin suddenly snapped into a grim scowl, his three eyes narrowed directly at Shadow. "Hm, but I'm surprised...you caught on quickly to my identity this time..."

He stepped forward, fists loosely clenched at his sides, a blank, monotone expression set upon his face. "I had my difficulties adjusting to this...this...form. Headaches. Exhaustion. And don't get me started with these damn legs..."

As he growled his words, a soft fuchsia enveloped around his hands, giving off a gentle, yet threatening light. So many things to say...yet how to say them correctly? Dare he curse him? Tease him? Tell him straight off what he's been through? No, he thought; there was nothing to be said--but plenty of things to be done.

In a flash, he vanished, suddenly appearing breaths away from the midnight hybrid, slamming a fist into his stomach as he darkly spoke;

"...And I owe them all to you."
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow the Hedgehog Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Edit: Mephiles here~ Taking over Shadow temporarily, since our previous Shadow rather failed :3
He hadn't seen it coming, far too shocked by the appearance of Black Doom. The whole arrival of the black arms themselves was random, he had predicted it but at the same time didn't, was just a speculation...a worry. Never has Shadow truly believed they would return and just a year after they had been 'defeated. But here, he stood...Black Doom stood before him but in the body not to far from his own, flesh and blood. A hedgehog's exterior but some things never changed. Those eyes burned with the same intensity as he remembered them before on the body of a vastly different alien creature. This sight froze him in place and once intense, fiery red eyes were dulled and widened, pupils dilated while his mind attempted to process the scene.

The pain struck him first. The alien...his 'father'...still had his strength, power. Feeling his guts twist and his skin cave in and bruise, the punch easily knocking whatever air he had within his lungs. The poor ultimate life form's body lurched forwards and nearly collapsed, only a leg caved in to bring him down to one knee. Blood had expelled from his mouth and now trailed a gentle stream of crimson along the side of his mouth and down to his chin. Gasping in sharply only to cough and gag, gasping again. Straining to regain his lost breath. An arm gripped against his stomach when he finally caved in to his other knee, head bent down while red eyes snapped shut. Muzzle twisting into the grimace pain brought.

Even then...this did not stop him from attempting an offensive, a gloved hand shaking and raising a few inches from his side. Only managing that far before a hoarse voice echoed out of his throat. "...Ch...cha....chaos.....sp....spe...." he struggled to speak and ended up failing as he burst into a violent coughing fit. That punch into his gut had done far more damage than he had thought. A rib was broken, several others cracked. Minor internal bleeding was what caused much of the pain and the expelling of blood with his breaths. That hand that had tried to strike with his chaos powers settled onto the ground, fingers digging into the dirt as Shadow tried to make the pain ease away. Focus his mind.

"...B....bast....ard....." a deep, pained hiss vibrated up from the white tufted chest. A vibrant crimson eye squinting open and those pupils seemed to thin to slits. A deep fiery rage flickered in that eye but unable to be expelled...for the moment.

Last edited by Shadow on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated the post)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shadow the Hedgehog
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 am

As the alien hedgehog felt the shockwaves of agony ripple through his creation's body, he pushed into him only further, remembering the intense throbs of revenge pounding in his mind. Black Doom resisted the urge to jolt him with a charged Chaos attack; he longed to reflect the same anguish, the same suffering into his "killer", but needed to keep him just shy of death. He had his ways of dealing with these types of situations.

But just as he backed off, an unexpected action played out before him: Shadow had fallen to his knees. And so quickly, too! Black Doom sprang back a ways, keeping his distance from the hedgehog and granting a brief moment of mercy to him. The ebony hybrid began to cough, truly weakened by his attack.

Marvelous, he smirked, landing softly on the emerald grass. Normally he would have cursed at the sight of his precious blood being spilled in such a shameful manner, but this was entertaining. This was not half of the pain he himself felt on that fateful day, no...there was still much work to be done. He would make Shadow beg for death.

"Have you been getting lazy, little Shadow?" he mocked, folding his hands behind his back. "It's not like you to fall so easily like that...right now you almost look...harmless. Dare I say...cute?"

Rather arrogantly he strode over to where the hedgehog knelt hunched over and holding his stomach. The air was heavy with the scent of blood--his blood, which had a reaction of sorts when it met the air to extinguish any Black Arms appetite; cannibalism was never tolerated in their race.

"Yes, you actually look innocent right now...if only you could see yourself! It's pitiful!" Black Doom let out a scoff, half-laughing at his child's weakened state. Pitiful indeed; he didn't want to think about how he had been defeated by this pathetic whelp before. "But I can't say I like it. You don't suit this role well..."

He reached down to Shadow's quills, ignoring the stammered insult, and snatched one up and hoisting him into the air, level with his eyesight. He took note of the fire burning in his eyes, but dismissed it, knowing full well that Shadow was in no position to attack at that moment. Instead, the alien took that fire as his own fuel, taking joy in the wounded life form's bitterness.

"And do be careful to not waste those fluids you're coughing up," he growled lowly in his throat, "those are rather important to me."
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:24 pm

He...felt so weakened right now, spitting up a mouthfull of blood after a moment while his breathing started to steady. The pain however never ended and even felt like it was steadily amplifying in his gut, the small burning ember of agony sparking into a full fledged flame...an inferno. Twisting around his insides and scorching them with pain, agony, the want to die crossing his mind several times. Black doom was enraged, maybe moreso considering the crazed and darkened look triplet eyes gave him. The middle one mostly possessing much of that said rage unless that was just a mental thing for Shadow. It just...popped out at him, so bizzare and disturbing, that third eye.

Gritting canines together with a subtle squeaking noise, enamel scraping together and threatening to chip a tooth. A thick puff of air being expelled from his slender black nose. His black furred lithe body did tense up when he was slowly lifted up by a quill. Biting back a yelp of pain as the broken rib was shifted in the movements, the inferno in his gut tormenting and becoming a constant distress throughout his mind. Blood stained teeth would be bared as the fairer tanned muzzle wrinkled into a scowl.

Spitting another few droplets of blood but they had a target this time. Sprinkling the just as black fur and fair tanned muzzle, even a few reaching the silky sleak robes the other adorned. "...h...heh.....s..so sp...special....to you...n..now is it...?" snarling bitterly with one of his legs slowly curling into himself, flashing a brief smirk before there was a subtle click. The mechanics in his shoe activating as the smaller engines within it flared to life. Just as quickly as the click sounded there was an unending searing heat blowing in against Doom's stomach. Threatening to catch his beautiful robes on fire if he kept the ebony hedgehog in his grip for any longer...
Shadow
Shadow
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:46 pm

He furrowed his brow once Shadow's knee bent, his shoe suddenly mere inches away from Black Doom's torso. He scoffed, ready to tease him about his lack of energy or courage, but suddenly something felt...strange.

It was a gradual warmth, one that was certainly not of threatening levels, that wrapped around his abdomen. He did not mind it in the least bit for a moment. It was nothing he could not handle...

As one spot began to feel a concentrated spark of heat, he stifled a yelp out of both surprise and pain, releasing the half-breed (practically throwing him back, really) and stumbled backwards. The flames that had ejected out of Shadow's shoes had burned him severely; he was surprised that his robes remained intact still. He struggled to keep standing, letting out cries through gritted teeth; how pitiful it was now, for him to be showing such weakness in the presence of his half-breed child!

"Agh!!! Gods!!! Nnngh!!!!"

Black Doom, hunched over now and clutching his stomach this time, cursed his adversary harshly and roughly a thousand times over as he fought to keep his composure together.

The heat - the unbearable heat, and the stinging pain on his torso fogged his mind, tossing his language back to his native tongue, hissing curses still in his self-invented Shiimari. Whether Shadow could understand it or not was of no concern to him; he needed to focus on healing this blasted, clumsy wound before the damn hybrid could make his way over.

The alien began to attempt to focus his energy into his hand (still trembling with the intense agony), imagining a cool, calm sensation flowing from his fingertips. His imagination turned into reality, the sensation washing over his wound in a light blue hue. It was a messy, untidy healing job this time around in his opinion, but after moments of doing so, he knew it would have to do.

He paused, breathing a few more satisfying breaths before standing and glaring in Shadow's direction. He didn't know what to do with him now; he had lost his element of surprise, and he was certain Shadow had questions to be answered.

His stomach released one final throb of protest as Black Doom turned fully to the hedgehog before him, his eyes darkly narrowing with rage. The games were over. He came for Shadow for a reason, and he would not fail his mission this time.

Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Those screams of agony that ripped out from his 'father' were...enticing...pleasant to the ears of Shadow. Even when he was flung away several feet and skidded to a full stop, his body flipping over a few times and crumbling in against itself. Trembling in place for a moment as he yipped with his own pain, arms straining to find solid ground to ease himself up into a sitting position. The broken rib shifting and tearing into his insides...causing only more pain. Dulled but enraged red eyes glared towards the squealing mass that was Black Doom. Highly amused that his little trick with his shoe had worked, how the damned alien never figured out what he was doing till the last moment. The alien was a strategist to an extent he should've seen that coming, guess not.

Struggling up to his feet shortly afterwards with one arm draped over his stomach in an attempt to ease away the pain. Huffing weakly as he glared onwards. Spitting a glob of blood to the ground and his lips would quirk into a weakened grin. "H..heh....didn't...s...see that coming...now..d...id you?" he muttered with a biting bitterness, quills slowly bristling up as anger flashed through the black hedgehog. "...y...you think you can..t..take over this world again? Th...the first time you c...couldn't. Even if....y..you take me down here...there is...a...always Sonic, all of them. They....w...will stop you." he chuckled simply before raising up his one free hand. Energy sparked up across the red striped black arm and came to life overhead, spears of his own chaos energies forming. At the ready to be unleashed by their current commander. "...b...but I...w...will not....simply fall...so easily either. B..black Doom." canines clenched together with his words, a pained grimace flicking over Shadow's features but still he did not attack. Not yet...no use in casting out his chaos spears now while Doom was at a distance, he could dodge them.

His own questions...he should just leave them to the side. The world itself was what mattered right now if that is what the damned alien wished to possess. But still, everything seemed a little off...a little different...maybe Black Doom was after something else instead of the planet. There was something else...Shadow just knew it, hell he could feel the difference from a year ago and now! Even if Doom was a hedgehog now...doesn't mean he is any different from the alien the black hedgehog knew from a year back...still the same individual. The same monstrosity.
Shadow
Shadow
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 pm

"Shut up..." he hissed, no longer taking pleasure in Shadow's pain. Black Doom now felt sheer hatred for the little hedgehog, wishing to grab his neck and twist it around and around and around...

An aftershock of stinging heat squeezed his stomach, and he stifled a moan. Gods, he was so sick of getting the last blow. He was sick of the irony, sick of the struggle. This was Shadow's time to suffer, not his.

Enraged now, he channeled all his strength into his hands, now glowing brightly with fuchsia once more.

"That blue hedgehog? And his whiney little cohorts? Shadow, take a look behind you again. I doubt anyone could be of use right now." He briefly nodded in the direction of where the deep red clouds had gathered, masses of his children still dropping from the sky. "I believe they'll have their plates full with my army, don't you think?"

Black Doom smirked darkly, finding his sadistic spark once again. He proceeded forward, yet kept his distance from the injured "junior" Ultimate Life Form, intentions bleak. Shadow would suffer, Shadow would cry out, Shadow would die...

But after a few steps forward, he ceased.

Shadow wasn't to die. He couldn't; not with his intentions, at least. Yes, he wanted to beat on this traitor and make him beg for mercy, but here Shadow was, coughing up blood still, trembling with pain. The hand clutching his side was a clear signal to Black Doom that he was successful in breaking at least one rib, and by now, it had to be carving through his insides...

That was enough torture for now, he decided. Black Doom stepped forward, half-expecting Shadow to come out swinging with chaos-infused fists, but determined that his attacks wouldn't be much of a threat in his condition. Said condition, the alien realized, would definitely be of use very soon...

"Listen to me, Shadow," he muttered just loudly enough for Shadow to hear. "We need to...address something."

[Short-ish post?;; Idk. Sorry XD;]
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:04 pm

The black hedgehog was having none of it though and he let out a dark hiss, hackles raising and quills prickling. A deadly look crossing his own crimson eyes. Swinging down the arm that had controlled the spears of chaos energies, sending them out towards his current target. Exploding against the ground as the first few missed their target. If Doom had remained standing where he was...several would indeed impact with him with explosive force. But the strain of casting such a 'spell' as one could call it, drained away his strength. Being as injured as he happened to be it was a horrendous strain. "I have...n..nothing to say to you...and we have nothing to discuss. You were meant to die...and stay dead for that matter." he scowled with his lips pulling back into a dark snarl. Easing out a shaking breath with a sharp wince, taking a few steps back and he cast an even darker glare.

The arm around his waist would tighten a bit and he struggled to begin walking away, backwards. To make sure that the other wont try anything against him if he happened to survive the onslaught of chaos spears. Undoubtedly he did and it left Shadow on edge...nervous, who knows what an injured beast may react when cornered, Black Doom being no exception. He had no chaos emeralds at his disposal to aid in his powers, he could remove his inhibitor rings to give him that added power. But it was at the expense of his life energies...it could kill him in his current condition.

Is it worth the risk...?
Shadow
Shadow
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:49 pm

[I humbly apologize for the long long longlonglong delay, folks. You have full permission to chuck bricks and other household items at my being at any time because of this...;;; I'll do much better this time! Hurragh!!!!]

Black Doom could read his creation's mind like a book, and it was dreadfully clear what Shadow was about to try. He shook his head, as if to scold him, but instead approached him more slowly than before. To come gently towards him would be better in a situation as this; he had a fair amount of encounters with vengeful rebels, and each little fight ended the same each time; a steady, yet hesitant surrender. He hoped that Shadow would be no different.

"Save it." he warned quietly, lifting a hand to his chest's level. For only a brief moment did it glow with a pale light, freezing Shadow's movement temporarily so that he could commence...persuasion. "We need to talk, Shadow. Desperately. This planet here..."

The alien leader bent down, touching the dried soil at their feet and felt its graininess between his fingers before he snagged a couple of trampled blades of pale green grass. He rose again, straightening his back as a calm breeze began to blow through the aged trees towering above the two hedgehogs.

"...Is dying."

He let the blades leave his hand, letting them adhere to the flow of the wind, scattering. Black Doom stepped even closer to the hybrid, his bitter scents of his blood radiating off of his very being. The alien ignored it for the time being, simply taking hold of Shadow's chin and propping his head upward for their eyes to meet fully.

"And that, my child, is something that I will not let you fall victim to."
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:10 pm

He had been about to lash out again, muscles within his legs tensing and preparing for action. It was only when he caught sight of that flicker of a light and then his whole body seemingly go numb, no longer acting upon his own concious actions. It was as if he was turned into stone for staring too deep into Medusa's eyes. The deep rage of irritation that followed such an action may not have been noticed through his physical actions but through those crimson eyes. Shadow couldn't believe he was left immobile so easily! And now he was prone to be attacked and killed, steadily his insides were bleeding out. Showing through his deep ebony fur even. Just the slightest discoloration to the skin beneath it as it purpled and grew a sickly red color. A brilliant bruise around where his broken rib was located.

Those eyes tracked the others movements however and his ears just ever so slightly tensed, even underneath the paralysis the other forced him into. He wanted to talk now did he? His tanned lips would twitch with the faintest of hinted ivory as a canine poked in through plump flesh. The ultimate life form was however caught off guard by the other's sudden interest in this planet, where he and his 'friends' have lived for quite some time. Where so many adventures and battles have occured. Where so many innocent residents lived and loved....this planet he promised to protect. This planet....was dying.

His whole body almost reverberated disgust with his hackles raising and quills bristling the second the 'cold' alien's hand touched his skin. Forcing his head to move and c*** upwards to cast his deep crimson glare into the other's trio. After all that desire to kill him in the past does he now call him child? Act as if he was fatherly and wanted nothing but to protect him!? What a twist of events and he did not fall victim into this so easily. He had no true questions...at least that is what he has convinced himself into at this very moment. No matter what Doom has planned for him, Shadow will refuse and fight against. Even if it will cost him his own life...he will do whatever he can, all that he can to protect this world. He was not leaving without a fight to save it and it's residents.

And that is what he will eternally do, just for Maria.
Shadow
Shadow
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Such a close distance enabled him to read Shadow's mind even clearer than before. He could hear everything that was circulating in his head; he was going to resist him the entire way. It was typical of Shadow...except...something was...

A girl...a human girl, with bright sapphire eyes and long, flowing golden hair...a sweet, glowing smile upon her pale face.

He growled lowly in response, but his grip on the hybrid neither tightened nor loosened. He merely narrowed his eyes down at him.

"I was prepared for that," Black Doom said, releasing the hedgehog gently. He began to allow Shadow control over his own body, but gradually granted it to him first. There was still things he needed to say uninterrupted. "But you see, I'm afraid you don't have a choice in the matter."

He stepped back simply, crossing his arms, readying his persuasion skills as three Black Arms giants plummeted from the sky directly above them, landing solidly around Shadow. Only for a brief moment did the alien leader feel a pang of guilt for putting his injured son up against his toughest soldiers, but he quickly regained his unfeeling mindset. That was the point. Either Shadow would be beaten or he would give up; either way, he would end up carting him off.

Black Doom extended his arm out towards Shadow, speaking to his alien children in his native language:

"Convince him."

He stood back and watched, silently pleading for the hedgehog to admit defeat...
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephiles the Dark Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Sorry for posting this on Mephi account ^^; my firefox is dumb and I get this Corrupted Content Error when I try to log out.

He has no choice in the matter!? Shadow will not comply with the thing that had tried to destroy this world once before. Well to be more accurate, take it over and use them all as slaves. That's at least the idea he got the last time the black arms had set foot on this planet. Red eyes steadily narrowed but now that he was being given control of his motor functions did he now begin to feel the drain of stopping for just a moment. Having no control of his body and thus having been given a moment to relax, not what he had wanted. He was injured and needed the steady supply of adrenaline rushing through his veins in order to keep him up to the task of battle. Battle...being the likely outcome in the passing moments.

Shadow's tanned muzzle steadily wrinkled with ivory canines poking out from his lip. Casting his classic icy glare upwards to the larger and bulkier aliens before him. His smaller form shook and lightly swayed on his feet, blood having continued to splatter to the ground, leaving behind snaking streams of matted black fur. Glistening red. "I'll always have a choice, for I do not obey anything on this planet or beyond it!" in that moment he forced whatever strength to bottle up in his core. Explode in through his legs to send his quickly curled body careening into the first creature. Sharped quills driving into the alien skin and flesh, the lightning fast spinning motion he has flung himself into has made him a living cutting saw.

This much Black Doom has offered his 'son' though...the undying stubborness and desire to fight, fight till the end. As the alien father had in his previous life, during the battle above the skies. Where he fought till his dying breath before this very same child he has lent his strength to.
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Forum Junkie

http://Traconian.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Black Doom frowned, but did not lose hope in his compliance. He would comply with his orders whether Shadow liked it or not. He would sacrifice his sacred blood, now residing in Shadow, in order to win him over.

Once the three giants had fallen, three more fell from the sky. It pained the alien leader to see such stout soldiers fall so easily, but at the same time, he was proud that Shadow had such glorious capabilities. Those were his strongest foot soldiers. He had to admit he was impressed with the small hedgehog taking their lives so easily.

As he saw more of his own dark blood fall from Shadow's body, Black Doom ordered a command to the three to hold their positions for the time being, trying his hand yet again to persuade the black blur to give up. He stepped in between two of his giants, looking quite pathetically small now in comparison, and directed a piercing, yet pleading, glare at the hedgehog before him.

"We can do this all day, Shadow. In the year I've been gone, I've been rejuvenating our numbers..." Black Doom said, crossing his hands behind his back. "The odds aren't in your favor today, I'm afraid. Just stop before you hurt yourself any more than you have."

He certainly did not want to stand and watch his children die all day, but if that was what it took, then so be it. Shadow's place was by his own side, not on this dying rock.
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephiles the Dark Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 am

I love how much blood that's being pictured in this and how sacred it is 8D

The first three fell like nothing, their own blood coating his crimson streaked ebony fur. The contrasting white against his chest stained a deep violet. Steam lightly drifted up from his weakened and quivering form while his fiery eyes fixated upon Doom once more. Muzzle pulled back to bare his canines and his mouth hanged open to gulp in heavy breaths. Shadow knew he was running on fumes, the pain in his side from the broken rib was far too much to bear. How it dug into his insides and tore through sensitive internal flesh. Who knows how much blood he has actually lost just with internal bleeding. His whole one side now pained him and the very skin twitched and shivered with the slightest of touch. The bruise that was there a deep red...but hardly noticeable beyond the bloodied black fur.

Once the other had finished his desperate speech to again change his mind would Shadow lash out again, yellow sparks of energy darted up his arm. Thrusting his hand up in the air to summon up several dozen energy spears. "Ch...ch-cha...ossss.....S-spear!" his voice broke and cracked, shuddering. Shadow mentally winced at how god damned weak he sounded, he was not that weak, he was strong, stronger than these aliens will ever be! He's beaten Doom and the black arms once before, he will do it again this round! But shortly after the summon and casting out of those spears would he lurch forwards in agony. His own chaos powers were damaging his already injured state. Shadow hardly noticed how the energy sparked not only from his arm but it originated deep in his core.

Tearing into the injury and only killing him more quickly. A thick black blob erupted up from his throat, vomiting up a pool of blood. The black hedgehog collapsing down to one knee from the sheer amount of pain he was in. It was never this bad. A steady stream of blood drizzled down in several threads from his tanned lips. His stomach having been punctured by the loose piece of bone. A tainted gloved hand eased around his waist to lightly hold onto the injury. Biting back the sharp yip of pain with the faintest of pressure applied. The skin and the hedgheog insides was like a water balloon in that one spot, squishing in to take in the contours of the fingers. The ultimate life form's body starting to give into shock and numb up, his breathing hitching and coming in strained. Even if he had the will to fight his body will not comply beyond this point.
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:10 pm

He had seen much more disgusting sights in his prison cells, but somehow, seeing Shadow like this twisted his stomach a little more than he would have liked. Closing his three eyes as the Chaos Spear was summoned, he turned away, shaking his head once or twice. He could feel the energy dissolve into the air, not able to even graze his giants within the first second or two.

He sent out a signal to the three to be gentle with the hedgehog, but forceful. He needed to make a point.

Under that command, one of the giants stepped forward, giving Shadow a "gentle" thwack across the face; one that, considering Shadow's size, was not so, but enough to knock him over.

No longer could Black Doom stand torturing his own child in such a manner. He turned away, back to the scene, monitoring the four with only their vital signs to show. Such irony, Black Doom scoffed, that he had built up so much rage for this pathetic hedgehog, and yet now he was showing him mercy. He was uncertain of why this was exactly, save for the reason that he was truly one of his own, but he grew more and more uncomfortable with such conflicting thoughts in his head. Perhaps that was why he wanted this done so quickly.

His stomach turning more, he found Shadow's mind, directing a somewhat desperate plea there:

Stop, Shadow...

A small post, but I didn't want to godmod XD There's only so much I can do that expresses Doom's confusionnn~
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephiles the Dark Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Gentle would hardly be the word used for the strike against his muzzle. There was a sickening crack against the knuckles of the giant alien as some of Shadow's bones gave way. Cracking and crumbling with his form bouncing off the ground a few times before skidding several feet to a stop. He was done, that much was obvious as his attempts to get up had ceased. Nothing more than a quivering mass of pain. To have been jostled around like that only caused more internal damage to the poor hedgehog. Twitching, trembling, struggling to get air into his lungs as every second passed.

Doom's desperate plea may have been answered as all he would be able to feel in the black hedgehogs mind was defeat, also to the sickening feeling of death. Something Doom would be very familiar with after he took a taste of it once before. The icy cool, numbing sensation that tugged at the back of your mind. As it slowly crept out from the tips of your toes and fingers, up your arms and legs. Threatening to shut down the rest of your body. Then the sickening feeling of acceptance of death and that this was where Shadow's world came to an end. Where his life came to an end, as pathetic as it seemed. How he was so easily brought down by Doom. All that he could now think about was Maria, the girl's image plagued Shadow's mind to soothe his passing...
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Lucky for Shadow, Black Doom gave him that taste of death, but only just that. He snatched up the life force of the hedgehog, clinging onto it and tossing him into a realm of unconsciousness. After locating the specific memory of the past several minutes in Shadow's mind, he erased it, advancing his plan further. His wounds were severe, but nothing he couldn't fix.

One of the giants approached the fading black blur, reaching down to lift him up, but Black Doom stopped him in his tracks.

"Don't. Go to Westopolis and join the others." Black Doom commanded lowly. "I'll take care of him."

He walked toward his hybrid son, lifting him up carefully; he was certainly aware of the physical appearance of the hedgehog, but tried his best to not look at him closely, as the bitter scent of their blood was evidence enough for the damage done. This would not be a simple healing procedure; it would be something for intensive care in the infirmary. There was a drug he could use to keep Shadow out for at least the next day or so, guaranteeing a smooth and painless process for at least a little while, and he hoped that there was something to take the edge off of the pain for him as well...

Plans began to congregate in his head as his giants saluted and hasted off toward the city. Black Doom sighed, already beginning to feel the exhaust from the day nag at his sanity. Before long, the two hedgehogs were teleported back onto the comet in a warm, subtle light, Black Doom a little less optimistic about Shadow's conversion process.

Feel free to g'head and start up when you wake up, Mephi. You'll be in a hospital bed, all patched up. That ain't to say you're not still hurtin'. XD
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephiles the Dark Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:53 pm

He remembered walking out along the city...at night, it had been a cool night. But...where was he now? What was this pain he could feel...and this foreign location that was tugging at the back of his mind? Strange powers and familiarity in smells, he couldn't put his finger on it just yet. The feeling of bedding started to spark up in his mind soon afterwards followed by his head pounding, he felt as if he had just gone through battle. Battle of some rather epic proportion and lost, but how was that possible? He remembered none of it. Straining to open his eyes did he begin taking note of the area...and he was surprised to see that he was in no G.U.N hospital. None of the pristine pearl white walls and those blaring bright lights. No...this was the dulled crimson and the pulsating masses of the Black Comet. Hands and legs bound while numerous ammounts of bandages covered his features, keeping him from staring upon his damaged body.

The pain was unrelenting...agonizing, making him feel sick to the stomach. His mouth was dry to the point he couldn't swallow. Breathing ached even more due to the broken rib that was now set back into place.

Why was he on the Black Comet...?
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Doom Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 pm

What a long day it had been.

Not only had he fought the temptation vigorously to sneak a taste or two of the unconscious hedgehog (as his lovely little scent was so heavy about him), he had dealt with the stress of his soldiers laboring over healing Shadow's troublesome wounds. He had watched most of the surgery, advising them to be careful many times, resisting the urge to break in and do it himself; he enjoyed bloodshed, but working with bodily fluids never quite sat well with him.

An hour after he had left the operating room, he received news of Shadow's condition. It was vastly improved, but he knew that the pain would be more than Shadow could probably take; ordering that sedative he thought of earlier to be put into him would definitely ease his agony, but it was energy-draining.

He needed that, though...

Shadow's memory had been erased of the battle, the introduction, everything - with this in mind, he would be able to pose as the innocent bystander in the scene. Yes...the scenario was that he, Black Doom, had found Shadow battered and broken and simply decided to heal him up. Black Doom would play dumb and not know how he got the way Shadow did. This would hopefully, in turn, convince Shadow that Black Doom was deserving of something of thanks...eternal servitude, preferably. After all, he didn't have to rescue Shadow necessarily.

The plan was potentially ingenious - if his acting was convincing enough. Generally, it was, but Shadow never gave him a chance. That wasn't to say that his speech about Earth dying was false; it was more than true. He wanted - needed - Shadow to come back home with him instead of perishing on a worthless rock.

After roaming down the winding halls of the comet, Black Doom arrived in the infirmary ward. The place wasn't used much, but when it was needed, it was certainly essential. There were very few recovery rooms, and Shadow was in the first. He cleared his throat, unlatching the door gently and entering Shadow's room, hands casually behind his back as he wandered over to the hedgehog's bedside. Shadow was beginning to stir and emerge from his rest.

"Good morning, Shadow..." Black Doom muttered quietly. Internally, he grinned devilishly, but he kept his face stern and blank. So it began.
Black Doom
Black Doom
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephiles the Dark Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:08 pm

He was indeed...on the black comet, but how on earth did he manage to get here? Plus...wasn't this destroyed...or another good question was why was he here, still very much alive. Bandaged up from some sort of battle that he cannot recall. He dared not even sit up just yet, the constant burning within his chest and side was enough of an indicator of what was wrong. Ears snapped up at the sound of someone else though and his red eyes drifted towards the sound. A hedgehog...? No. That third eye told it all and that expression the other had. Black doom was written all over this individual's face, but now why wasn't he trying to kill him? Muzzle wrinkled slowly and he let out a lengthy breath.

"You could have killed me while I slept, why?" might as well get to the point and figure out what was going on. None of this was making sense...Shadow killed Black Doom way back when. And yet now, now the ancient alien was helping him recover. Red eyes slowly narrowed and that held back anger flared within his eyes. Fists lightly clenching.
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Forum Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum