Sonic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turn Order
WIP
Latest topics
» SSWiki Page Dump
Subversion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm by Turbo

» Wikia Entries
Subversion EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

» Archieness
Subversion EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm by Turbo

» WE HAZ COOKIEZ
Subversion EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 am by Turbo

» Hi There!
Subversion EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm by Turbo

» Being MIA and Stuff
Subversion EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm by Knuckles the Echidna

» Numerology and Character Personalities
Subversion EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 am by Knuckles the Echidna

» Forum Debate
Subversion EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am by Turbo

» The Intercessory
Subversion EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm by Turbo

Wikia Entries

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

To Edit:
-Locke
-Dr. Moreau
-Negative Egon
-Dr. Smoke
-Menthor
-Julie-Su

Comments: 0

Poll

Who should be part of the Chalice?

Subversion I_vote_lcap29%Subversion I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Subversion I_vote_lcap29%Subversion I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Subversion I_vote_lcap0%Subversion I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Subversion I_vote_lcap14%Subversion I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Affiliates
Mirrored Mobius
Sonic Story
Crossed Off 2.0
Sonic Darkness
Return2Mobius

Subversion

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Subversion Empty Subversion

Post  Turbo Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:48 am

(OOC: Scourge and Miles can jump right in here, for now! And we'll try to get more Moebians in later!)

It was a cold, windy day. The sky was grim and foreboding over Castle Acorn, a certain hedgehog's residence and last place of refuge. King Scourge had once been the most powerful Moebian in their dimension. For a month. Now, his Supression Squad had thrown off the yoke of 'servitude' and were now in the process of destroying his kingdom and taking his crown.

The 'king' had no place to stand. No people to support him. Full of bravado and arrogance when he was backed by his group, but fundamentally a coward. He didn't even know who was his friend or enemy in all of this.

What to do now, to get back the kingdom that was 'rightfully' his, and stomp out the sedition?

Current Characters: Miles, Scourge

(OOC: Alright, we know I officially suck at starters, but have fun.)
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

https://sonicsociety.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Subversion Empty Re: Subversion

Post  Super Sonic Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:26 am

The green hedgehog had evacuated as soon as he could, barking out threats to the rest of them for defying him. He took refuge in the Great Forest, planning on staying there until he had a scheme to get back at his once loyal followers. He hated being subjected to this crummy life when he just knew he deserved better.

He was, in his mind, still the King and felt he should be treated like royalty still, whether he deserved his title or not. But for right now, he was huddled against a tree shivering.

"Picked the worst time for a stinkin' revolt.." he sniffled, already getting a cold from being out in the elements.

Scourge shivered and pulled his jacket closer to his body, trying to stay warm for now. He would get back at them.
Super Sonic
Super Sonic
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 am

His eyes followed the green blur heading into the Great Forest. The coward "king," running away. He wasn't so tough now that his enforcers were against him. It was foolish how long it took the rest of the Suppression Squad to realize his weakness.

The air was chilly atop the tower, but he stayed until he could no longer see the hedgehog. The Squad was lounging inside, taking advantage of the luxuries in Castle Acorn without any opposition. A grim smile flitted across his features. His brilliant, scheming mind amazed himself sometimes. The tyrant king had fallen, the Suppression Squad was the reigning power... and that silly princess, current head of state, answered directly to him. Everything was working so far.

It was a good plan, so far, simple yet elegant... yet something was missing. Something green and fast and very gullible. The final pawn in this little game.
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sonic Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Scourge rubbed his arms to generate some heat. This....just wasn't fair! It was his castle and his alone! And here he was, exiled from it and left to freeze to death in the chilling weather.
Super Sonic
Super Sonic
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 pm

He hid a sigh of relief to return to the warmth of the castle. It was frigid outside, not a night one wanted to be out on, alone, without shelter or warmth. He almost felt some pity for that hedgehog.

Almost.

He signaled to one of the many faceless servants and coldy said, "Pack two bags - survival in the elements in mind. Oh, and tell the others that I'll be... out." The servant nodded and disappeared to do his bidding. The Squad never really liked him - then again, they weren't based on lovey-dovey feelings like friendship. They would probably be happy he was leaving for a little... until they learned what he was planning, of course.

He involuntary shivered as he shouldered the packs and headed out of the castle. He hated getting his hands dirty - and abhorred cold and wet and... dirt. But if he was to be in control of Moebius, he would have to work under the radar of the others. On his own. In the forest with an untrustworthy king who would have all the reason to kill him.

He didn't fly a lot, but there was no way he was slogging through the mud and weeds and who knew what else to the Great Forest. And this way wasn't as quick as, say, running at the speed of sound like some people did, but it was quicker - and cleaner - than walking.

He touched down at the border of the Great Forest, giant trees looming around him. This was the most difficult part. With his speed, Scourge could be anywhere at all. Miles looked up at the grey sky, cursing his current situation. It had better not rain on him. He sighed, his breath visible in the cold, and headed into the darkness of the forest to hunt down the king.
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sonic Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:31 am

He growled and huddled up more against the tree he was sitting under. It was getting bitterly cold already. Must be some weather coming. That would just make this day perfect. Getting drenched in ice cold rain and having nowhere to go to get away.

"Damned cold.."
Super Sonic
Super Sonic
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 pm

"Milord?" he called. He shivered in the cold. Blast. Why did he have to choose today, of all days, to go tromping after the green hedgehog in the bitter coldness of the blasted forest? He brushed wet leaves that condescendingly fell on him. Even the trees were against him here...

He called again, hoping that the 'king' was close enough to hear him and he could end this little trek. "Milord! It is your faithful servant, Miles! I have brought provisions and a plan to retake your-"

Blast. It had started to rain.

He felt utterly foolish as the heavens poured on him. His fur was soaked, he was dirty, he was miserable, and all he wanted to do now was go home and take a nice hot bath and laugh at the hedgehog's misfortune in the cold forest. He was just too useful to let go. He sighed, shouldered the packs that were thankfully waterproof, and continued walking on the paths that didn't exist through the threatening trees. He had better not be lost. "Milord? Milord!" He wondered if he was imagining it, but something seemed a little more neon green than the rest of the browns and greens and brown-greens of this blasted forest...
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sonic Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:49 pm

The green hog winced, hearing that familiar voice. He edged closer to the tree, trying to meld into it. He left the castle to get away from them and their traitorous ways.
Super Sonic
Super Sonic
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:10 pm

This was awful. Why was he torturing himself in such a manner for that fool? Being 'faster than the speed of sound' was absolutely no excuse for being the king. And here he was, practically groveling, trying to buy his way into the graces of a fallen 'king' that he wouldn't trust even if it killed him.

He hissed, stomping his foot in irritation and instantly regretted it as the mud splattered onto his boots and jacket. Trust. He had forgotten that silly little thing. Why would the hedgehog have any reason to trust him?

"Blast!" he whispered under his breath. This accursed forest was getting to him. But he would let it, should it win him the trust of that hedgehog pawn. He needed that 'king,' too valuable a player to lose. 'Milord' would certainly want vengeance soon enough - and he was in no way going to be on the receiving end.

He called a few more times, heading deeper amidst the trees. No response. Of course. He threw one of the packs down on the forest floor, mud caking the bottoms of everything, and yelled, "Milord! I have sneaked out of the castle" - a lie, of course, as no one cared where he went - "and have brought you these stolen provisions" - another lie - "to show you that I am loyal to you!" That was the biggest lie of all. He quickly added, "Milord, of all those who betrayed you, I am the only one who never changed his loyalties!" This was completely true. He only ever was loyal to himself.

Still no response. Fantastic. He stomped away, leaving the pack for that infernal hedgehog. He would have to start off slow - bring supplies every day so his pawn could survive. Meanwhile, he would be living in luxury back at Castle Acorn where no one would suspect a thing. He cursed under his breath, his footsteps raising mud and dirty rainwater off the forest floor. He didn't even care about the caked-on dirt and leaves on his boots - he just wanted to get home and have that nice bath... and a fire in his room... and a deliciously warm meal in quiet solitude...

Blast. He was lost.
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sonic Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Scourge sat completely still, ears perked to hear better. Huh, the kid sounded genuine but he wasn't about to come crawling to him. Hell no. He wasn't that stupid or desperate. He couldn't really trust anyone around here anymore.

The foxling would have a long way to go before earning his trust back, that was for sure. If he even managed to at all. The once King wasn't too thrilled about trusting those who had betrayed him before. Feh, stupid peons. He would get back at them for all of this...he just needed to wait.
Super Sonic
Super Sonic
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 pm

This was, without a doubt, the absolute worst day of his life.

He sat on a relatively clean tree root, the blanket in his pack around him and over his head like a little cloak. Rain poured in the forest, but the tree he was under caught most of it. Irritating drops of wetness splashed his blanket with extreme pleasure. They were all out to get him, the blasted elements, planning this little revenge for all the times he had shunned them. Well fine. He still liked the stuffy, warm, stone-walled library better.

He couldn't start a fire. The wood was too wet, but beside that, he wasn't that much of an expert on making fires in the middle of pouring rain in a damp, dirty forest. His place was in the castle, manipulating the figurehead so he was the ruler, making the decisions, without being in the danger zone. True power lies in what backs the throne. That hedgehog had found that out the hard way.

But now that hedgehog was his only escape from this wretched green place. He could find the exit in seconds just by running around a bit. He didn't need to fly, or worry about being blocked by dense green above him, or having to wait until his tails dried out so they could actually support him... Was he actually feeling envious of the hedgehog? Impossible. But suddenly he was struck with a brilliant idea.

"Fine, whatever, milord!" he yelled in a most un-Miles-ish manner. "Well, I'm lost, and there's no way I'm going to be able to get out of this forest tonight. And we both don't want me here. I don't trust you and you don't trust me. But I'll make you a deal - you get me out of the forest, and I help you get back the throne." He really was desperate to get out of there, back to the castle. And the hedgehog had to know that he could achieve his end of the bargain... he hoped.
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sonic Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:24 pm

He paused a minute. Well, the thought of getting back in power was very appealing to him. But at the same time, he didn't want to help the very brat that forced him to step down either. Such a tough decision this was.

"Do you really need my help?" He shouted after a moment, half humoring him.
Super Sonic
Super Sonic
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:38 pm

He froze. Was he going mad in the forest, or did the hedgehog actually reply this time? "Y-yes," he stuttered from shock. Ugh. How feeble he sounded, much like his Mobian "twin." He really hated that little fox, dogging that egocentric blue hedgehog with puppy-like abandon, talking with a really high-pitched voice and -

Wait. No. He was in the forest, still getting wet. It was not the time for brooding. He promised himself that he would do that later for reckless hours in solitude, happily brooding away in the sanctuary of Castle Acorn. As a reward for getting out of this blasted forest.

"Yes, milord, I need your help, because it's wet, it's cold, and you've the luxury of running for two seconds all over the place and finding a blasted way out of here!" He winced as fat droplets cascaded over his head when a gust of wind blew the branch free of the water clinging to the leaves. "And I can't exactly do that, now can I?"

He shivered in the cold and hunched up even tighter. Rainwater streaked down his furry face like tears. He sniffled - great. He thought it couldn't get any worse, and now he was getting a cold. But that green hedgehog had to be close for them to yell at each other, and it was hard to hear in this weather... Maybe if he was close enough, he could use this to his advantage...

He sniffled and shivered and huddled in his blanket like the very small, young fox he strived never to be. He pathetically whimpered in a higher voice more like his age, "I just want to go back home..." He gave the little bit of him he always squished a voice, and it just happened to sound exactly like his "twin."

He still really hated that fox.
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Scourge the Hedgehog Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:22 am

Oh it was cold and wet, huh? Like he didn't notice after being kicked out of his home, off his throne and into hiding. Needless to say, he wasn't particularly welcome anywhere else, either. So maybe they should've thought of that before they betrayed him. Eventually they would need him, but he was surprised it was so soon. (To be honest, maybe if Miles was more like that lost little puppy of Sonic's, he might have gotten somewhere sooner. Scourge did like groveling.)

At last, Scourge was before the fox in a matter of seconds, squelching speedily through the mud before slipping to a stop mere feet from the fox. He bore a relentless scowl, with traces of his proud grin piercing through. "Alright, then. Get to talkin' - what's in it for me?" He was still completely skeptical, but if Miles was desperate enough to use his childlike tone, he knew he spotted weakness in his former ally. Scourge himself never sounded like Sonic unless he was unable to muster the strength to use the accent to which he was generally accustomed. That, or on the instances he liked creeping the heck out of Blue or his allies. Good times.

Back to the present, however... he made no small amount of effort to dust the rain free from his jacket, shaking his hands to splatter Miles further. Oops. His bad.
Scourge the Hedgehog
Scourge the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

https://www.facebook.com/thunderxhedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:50 am

Miles glared at the former king from under his blanket as the mud from his skidding halt cascaded over him like a giant, icky, never-going-to-come-out-of-this-jacket wave of sea water. Dirty brown seawater. With worms. He swiped his hand across his face to remove the mud. And then was splattered again.

He was going to give himself a medal for putting up with this when he got home.

He sighed, flicking mud from the hem of his blanket, his only friend in this forest (Scourge didn't count. EVER.). "Aside from the obvious benefits of me actually being able to get past the front doors of the castle without being shot, being an integral part of the team that originally dethroned you - " He winced. Not a very tactful thing to say, but this wasn't the King's Court and the green hedgehog probably didn't even know what tact was - "and thus having yourself a spy in Castle Acorn with which to get revenge upon your enemies, there's also the fact that, well, I have stuff. And you need stuff if you're going to get anywhere. Because, let's face it, the Squad already has your face posted as the #1 on the Most Wanted list in Moebius, with a grossly enormous reward on your head."

He glanced up at Scourge looming over him, not exactly the happiest of hedgehogs, from beneath the blanket and for some strange reason felt very small and very young. "There-there is a place here in the forest where you could stay. I saw it on a map back at the castle and it's been abandoned for years. I mean, if you don't want to stay out in the wet and stuff." Blast. Why was he sounding so childlike? This was probably going to get him nowhere, if he portrayed himself as so immature. "So, is it a deal?" he asked, forcing his voice deeper.

Blast. Now he sounded like he was trying to be Shadow.
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Scourge the Hedgehog Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Oh, please! Like he was afraid of those losers. He was the one that conquered this planet. He was the one that took those useless punks and made them into something. He was the one with the motherstuffin' crown. And he was the one with the power of the Master Emerald of Mobius coursing through his veins like some kind of radioactive gift from the gods. Not that gods existed. If they did, he was pretty sure his life would be at least a hundred times better. At least.

"I could run people outta any old shack here on the planet until I'm rested up. I think you know that, though; that's why you're here now, right?" Scourge sneered. Whatever 'stuff' Miles had to offer, he was pretty sure he could find it elsewhere. "Because you know what I'm gonna do, don't you?" He was going to make every last one of them suffer slowly by his hands. And then kill them. He had no use for traitors. He could dig up any sniveling two-bit allies at any stop along the way. Sonic had plenty of allies on his home world - and Scourge knew he could find the same right here if he just looked.

"Forget it. I'm not about to fall for your traps or your tricks. I've been around the block enough times to get this game. I'm not fallin' for it. If you're really stuck out here- prove it." What did he mean by that? Well, unless Miles was creative enough to find another way to prove his plight, it looked like Scourge might intend for the fox to sit it out overnight. The hedgehog was open to other suggestions, though. If the kid wanted to come with him to his planned destination (he was still working on that plan, but he'd piece it together soon enough) and work as his sidekick for old times' sake to prove his loyalty, he might consider that an option as well.
Scourge the Hedgehog
Scourge the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Prove it, huh. He was wet, cold, miserable, and even if his twin tails, with long, fluffy fur that were so easily bogged down with water - like now - were completely dry, there still was the fact that he was not the best of flyers. His expertise was in planning where other people would fly in to attack - preferably someplace warm, dry, and where he could control the flow of water.

"Proof that I'm stuck out here? Easy. My tails aren't going to dry for hours so I can't fly out, I've been walking all over and have no sense of landmarks - or even how far deep I'm in this forest. I'm cold, hungry, tired, weak, and in no condition to even put up a fight or try wandering around here to find a way out. I have no sense of direction anymore, and didn't bother bringing communications to contact the others if I'm stuck - but even if I did, they wouldn't really care. You know that. But besides not knowing where the heck I am, there's also the little fact that no one else does. Because I didn't actually tell anyone I was here." He worried that this wasn't enough to convince Scourge to help him.

What was he going to have to do - follow this guy around like a loyal sidekick? Not happening. At least, not unless he had a really good reason. Prove it... prove it... That was it. A cunning light came into his eyes. "Milord, you say that you can run anyone out. And of course, I've seen this, and I have no doubt that you can. However: you want to get back into power, and it will take much more than brute... speed... to take out the Squad. You'd need a plan - and a blasted good one, exploiting the weaknesses of the members and taking them out quickly and mercilessly, without any chance of organization. Well, you know that I always the planning one, the exploiting, merciless one. But you also know that I was only ever loyal to myself - a trait we share. And now my life depends on you, so there's no way I'd betray you. You help me, and - much as I hate it - I owe you my life. At least even I have enough honor to keep a debt that grand. And I'll help you get your revenge."

Scourge had to be able to hear the truth in that. Because for once he wasn't lying at all. If he could convince Scourge to help him, revenge would be good. He had his own motives for it, too...
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Scourge the Hedgehog Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 pm

The corners of his mouth twitched, threatening to curve upward further yet. He wasn't buying the pitiful kid card so easily, but he was certainly beginning to get his hopes up. Even as Miles talked, explaining just how desperate his situation appeared to be, he seemed untouched. All of that was easy to say and hard to prove. The calculating little brat was doing nothing to make a case for himself. There were too many questions unanswered. The biggest of which was 'why?' What was in it for Miles?

After all, even if he was trapped out here now, he did have a reason for coming after Scourge to begin with. Either he was booted out and keeping it on the down-low, or he was a conniving little two-tailed mutant.

"I'll bite." The green hedgehog looked away, disinterested as he nudged the tip of his nose with a gloved digit. He remained unharmed by the merciless rain that plunged upon them, weighing down the tips of his ears and clumping on his lashes. "I don't buy the drama, though. Not until I see it for myself." If Miles's theatrics were the real deal, perhaps they could work something out. "So here's how it's gonna go down: I'll find you a nice cushy pad with a full fridge, and you convince me what really you're up to and why." You didn't just walk out on the Suppression Squad without a reason, mostly because it made you public enemy number one.
Scourge the Hedgehog
Scourge the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:46 pm

From underneath his blanket hood, he hid a smirk of evil, instead adopting a partially-true look of surprise and happiness at the green hedgehog's help. Took him blasted long enough to... 'bite'. "I know a place!" And the fridge should still be full... unless someone raided it already... which he doubted. The security was thankfully too tight on this place. He had designed and created it.

But of course Scourge would want to know what he was doing. Heck, Miles wasn't exactly completely sure himself yet. The opportunity had seemed to good to pass up. It would take much more to convince him if this was worth the trouble. He silently sighed, yanked himself off the dirty ground, and dropping the blanket, dusted himself off. He checked a tree to see which way north was... and then, huddling closer to the trunk, rechecked with a compass that was unfortunately too tetchy to be any use in the rain (he was surprised; - maybe there was something in those old "How to Survive When You're Cold and Wet and Lost in a Forest" manuals...). "Well, shall we?" he said, shouldering his pack, and without waiting for a reply set off in what he really hoped was east.

The blanket he left behind.
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Scourge the Hedgehog Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Miles must have underestimated the loud-mouthed speedster just like the rest of the punks that got in his way. Not that it really mattered. Scourge was long since used to it, but it definitely gave him an edge by being considered the dupe of the gang. He had to admit, he never really gave them a surefire reason to think otherwise. The last thing Scourge wanted to do was run his mouth and look like some wussy nerd like the kid here. That two-tailed freak was just asking to have his backside handed to him every time he ran his yap.

He opened his mouth to question this revelation of knowledge that 'magically' came to Miles, but narrowed his eyes instead, stuffing his hands fully into the pockets of his prized leather jacket. Scourge grinned slyly, tilting his head forward to let the shades drop to balance on the bridge of his nose, masking the introspective look in his eyes. "Oh, by all means, little 'bro,' lead the way."

However Miles knew where they were headed now, Scourge supposed he was supposed to chalk it up to a miracle, or adrenaline, or survival senses. Heck if he knew. He did keep alert, though, as he marched diligently behind the wire-thin set of sopping wet tails before him. No point in trusting anybody for anything. He learned that growing up.
Scourge the Hedgehog
Scourge the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Blasted trees lied to him.

There were two options: look totally foolish and ask which way north was and get there before morning, or bluff, act cool, and lead them to who knows where, silently hoping that they were somehow headed the right way. Well, he'd rather cut his tails off before asking Scourge for help. He was supposed to look professional, like he actually knew what he was doing. Miles checked the evil compass, shook his head, and threw it against the tree. Useless.

He sneaked a look at his 'faithful' follower: Scourge was smirking at him, as if he had completely faked this and knew exactly where he was headed. Well, in a way, Scourge was right. Miles had studied that map very carefully many times, and - before that compass was broken - had made a point of finding exactly what was marked in the forest with an 'X'. Of course, now in the wet and cold and dark, nothing looked anywhere near the same. But it would be such a horrible idea to admit weakness in the face of his... well, he wasn't really an enemy at the moment, was he?

He sighed. "Right. Which way is north?"
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Scourge the Hedgehog Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:12 am

North? Miles wanted to know a specific direction? Scourge's expression faltered, then eventually caved. He ... had never been asked something like that before, interestingly enough. Usually he figured out the direction he was headed through trial and error, or memory. It took him only a few seconds longer to do that, after all. "Ah..." Scourge glanced around and lifted his sunglasses, tapping the toe of his boot on the leafy, muddy forest floor. "Uh... sec."

He darted off without warning, zipping around the woods. He was gone for close to a minute, if not a bit more, before he returned from the right. He grabbed the front of his jacket and gave it a quick 'pop' to free the water droplets, and shook his head to loosen some of the water caught in his quills. "Um, Castle Acorn's... wwes--ssouth of here, right?" He scratched his neck and grinned helplessly, looking pointedly at the rain dripping from a pine needle somewhere behind Miles and to his left. His quoted direction was a shot in the dark. He didn't have a compass or sun to go by, and he'd be lying if he said he remembered it. Fortunately, lying and guessing haphazardly were two things he had no problem doing. Maybe Miles knew the answer.. that much at least?
Scourge the Hedgehog
Scourge the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:45 pm

He watched the confidence on Scourge's face disappear, almost wiped away with the rain. Great. They were lost, weren't they. He sighed. "Look, I have no idea where we are, I'm going from a bloody map hanging on the wall back at Castle Acorn. Somewhere in this ridiculous forest is some sort of cabin-lodging that I've been to once. In the bright warmth of a summery, not wet day where the water was destroying any landmarks. All I know right now is that one day, when I was seriously bored because there wasn't any plotting to do or anyone currently to beat the snot out of - as you seem to be so fond of doing - I stared at that map for four hours straight and memorized every little detail. And the lodge is six hundred paces north from the castle in here and two hundred paces east - probably more because our strides are smaller from walking with more care in the rain."

He glared at Scourge. "So now, your highness, if we want to have any chance of getting out of here before we drown, I need you to use your brain and point for me. Which way is the castle?"
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Scourge the Hedgehog Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 am

The more Miles talked, the more he was digging himself into a hole. As the boy spoke, Scourge's head dropped lower and lower, until he was seething with anger, eyes cut away from where either of them stood. His lips drew back in a scowl until, thankfully, that whiny little voice finally quit making all that racket. "Ch' " he clacked his tongue and cócked his head back, casting a glare down his nose before rolling his eyes and looking away, arms folded over his chest in a defensive gesture. If he hadn't figured out where the castle was, he wouldn't have said what he did, so of course he had used that inkling of a brain of his to figure that much out.

Why would he have returned here to the Great Forest if he hadn't? Or rather, how would he have even found his way back here? In an act of defiance, Scourge refused to speak up, instead stomping off in one, determined direction. He wasn't talking to this little brat, but he was half-tempted to beat him up like he so boldly mentioned.

[[ :| BAW @ CENSORSHIP THAT'S NOT A CURSE WORD. Random accent mark to hack my way around it. ]]
Scourge the Hedgehog
Scourge the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Myles Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

He wanted to kill that hedgehog. Here he was, waterlogged in foreign territory, the only direction given is a half-sure answer which helpfulness was nil, and now the only one who could find their way out was throwing a blasted temper tantrum, of all things. He sighed, and noticed the bloodlust in Scourge's eyes. The big bad hedgehog wanted to beat the itty bitty foxling up. Right. He didn't care anymore.

"Of all the people, I could get stuck out here with, it had to be you, didn't it? Not anyone useful, or anyone who actually can do anything without having his thugs backing him up. No. It's you, the one Moebian who still needs people to come to the loo with him because he's too scared and helpless to go alone. You called yourself a king? You can barely stand on your own, let alone rule a planet. Anyone - anyone at all - would have been better than you. I've done some horrible things, but nobody deserves the karma I'm suffering from right now. Maybe I should go ask someone who can actually get me out of here - someone like Sonic. After all, if he can beat the snot out of a wussy coward like you - multiple times -, he can certainly find his way out of a forest."
Myles
Myles
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum