Sonic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turn Order
WIP
Latest topics
» SSWiki Page Dump
Roommates? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm by Turbo

» Wikia Entries
Roommates? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

» Archieness
Roommates? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm by Turbo

» WE HAZ COOKIEZ
Roommates? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 am by Turbo

» Hi There!
Roommates? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm by Turbo

» Being MIA and Stuff
Roommates? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm by Knuckles the Echidna

» Numerology and Character Personalities
Roommates? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 am by Knuckles the Echidna

» Forum Debate
Roommates? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am by Turbo

» The Intercessory
Roommates? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm by Turbo

Wikia Entries

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

To Edit:
-Locke
-Dr. Moreau
-Negative Egon
-Dr. Smoke
-Menthor
-Julie-Su

Comments: 0

Poll

Who should be part of the Chalice?

Roommates? I_vote_lcap29%Roommates? I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Roommates? I_vote_lcap29%Roommates? I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Roommates? I_vote_lcap0%Roommates? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Roommates? I_vote_lcap14%Roommates? I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Affiliates
Mirrored Mobius
Sonic Story
Crossed Off 2.0
Sonic Darkness
Return2Mobius

Roommates?

2 posters

Go down

Roommates? Empty Roommates?

Post  Turbo Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 pm

The 29th Annual Physicians Forum of Albion had commenced on Monday, and prominent doctors from all over Mobius (so long as they were proper and pureblooded Echidna) had been invited to attend. Attendees were split between those invited, who were given preferred rooming, and a free pass in to the conference, and those who paid their way in.

Panels this year included new cancer-treatment, the same purity and superiority panel paid for by the Echidna Supremity group, blood transfer, infant care, egg-treatment and delivery, skin grafts, and a new discussion into melding technology and flesh, and the ethics behind that.

The last two had attracted the interests of two radically different echidnas, both who had made their way over to the PFA through their own means. The conference was held in the ballroom of the Veraguzzi Plaza Hotel, and all attendees, speakers, and staff were given their own rooms. Married doctors had separate rooms with their spouses and children, but to conserve space after unusually high attendance, the owners of the hotel were forced to room several hundred doctors with others in double-rooms. Care was taken in at least ensuring that the female doctors were not forced to bear this burden, and that the rooming was limited to 8 floors of the 30 story hotel, so that business could continue as usual.

In this way, Dr. Zachary and Dr. Phineas found themselves placed in the same room for the duration of the conference, without any warning or notice...

(Characters: Dr. Phineas, Dr. Zachary)

Last edited by Turbo on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

https://sonicsociety.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Roommates? Empty Re: Roommates?

Post  Turbo Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Dr. Zachary fumbled with the keys to the room that he had been given at the desk, before putting his luggage down to better work it. Similar to the card-keys from 2400 which had a magnetic tag at the top and slid down the lock, these keys had an RFID patch in them - protected by anti-scan tech that slid into the grid-reader, and required bio identification before entry.

The issue was that the patch was rather flimsy. He couldn't hit the button at the top of its holder to electrify it, which both activated it, and made it rigid enough to put into the reader. A moment or two more before he finally got the unweildy thing in. The grid lit up, chirped, and asked for a reading of his right handprint...

... At which point he promptly destroyed the device and was allowed entry. Besides, the doors had the old-style locks on them, designed for old-style keys, which just looked nicer in prospect. He took a quick scan of the room, checking over the schematics and looking for bugs and listening devices with his mechanical eyes before dumping his heavy and unwieldy luggage onto one of the beds.

The white scheme was rather annoying, as if they were trying to emphasize his own difference, but he shook off the thought and went to check the showers and view. The building was rather chic and kept up looks with the rest of the city, but he missed the old-style comforts of Hotel Perstreuchy (pronounced per-stroi-kee) back in Echidnopolis - the only place where he would stay when he visited, merely because it was 4 stars, and retained the marble and old fixtures from its creation, back almost 600 years ago.

As he thought, a water-front view and a balcony. He was rather jaded to the view, and turned away to look at the roomservice menu. It was then that the thought occurred to him that there were two beds... an error, perhaps, but one he was not certain of...

Last edited by Turbo on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:24 pm

What a stressful morning.
Dr. Phineas has just received the keys to his room and the albino had just entered the elevator, up and on way up to his room.
The 29th Annual Physicians Forum of Albion had snuck up on Dr. Phineas and thankfully he had remembered at the last second. Though, the sudden stress hadn’t lifted away. Last minute packing and preparations had been made and the speed-rail wasn’t exactly on his better side today. But sure…Who cares if the rail had broken down? Who cares if it took an hour and a half to repair and get back up again? Despite all delays, Phineas managed to check in the hotel all in one piece. Good thing Phineas was good at fixing last minute problems…

“Oh..!” The doors to the elevator suddenly opened, snapping Phineas back to reality. With his luggage in one hand and his cane in the other he began to look around for his room. “Hm… Room 823…” He was informed that he’d have to share a room with another doctor. Which was fine by him. Phineas didn’t mind… It may not look like it, but he was very sociably. And who knew? The two being doctors, they could both make easy conversation, right?
“811…813…8- Ahh…shoot.” A sharp pain in his bad knee twanged, causing him to stop and lean on his cane to rub it. “shooot…” he hissed again. All this running around today was really putting stress on that knee… But the pain subsided for now, so he carried on.

“nngh, hmm… Let’s see now… Ah! Room 823, I-” He stared. That was strange… The lock looked like someone had broken it. “..Wha?” Maybe an accident? He knocked on the door lightly, and opened the door. “…Hello?” He poked his head in and to his surprise, found another albino. Did they set them together on purpose?? “uh, Yes... Sorry for bothering you but I was assigned to this room as well.” Opening the door all the way, he presented himself fully. “My name is Dr. Phineas. Pleased to meet you.” He chimed politely.
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Zachary's ear perked up at the ding of the elevators - the ones from the west entrance, he noted quickly, and then the hobbling limp noise of someone making their way over. He would have said that it was just someone with heavy luggage and no idea where there room was, but there was a distinct thump before the faltering footsteps which indicated either crutches or some sort of other form of walking aid. And he was certain that it wasn't a witch doctor with their shaman stick - those sorts of doctors were not invited.

Threat level was then easily assessed as low, but he was still on guard should it be a ruse to trick him into lowering his guard. He often made use of various forms of trickery to look older than he was, simply so that he could be underestimated, and that deceit naturally made him suspicious of everyone else stooping to the same standards, or, rather, lack of them.

The person stopped, and for a second, he assumed that they had found their room, when he heard their voice, faintly muttering about room numbers. A male, middle-aged, soft voice. Probably a pediatrician with the way he spoke - too gentle and sympathetic to be an anesthesiologist, those sadistic b-- well, this was neither the time or the place for that...

He converted his cybernetic arm into its weaponised mode when the man continued to make his way down the hall, still muttering to himself. His room number was mentioned, immediately bringing the onset of paranoia, and perhaps a small dose of fear. They... they didn't expect him to sleep in the same room as someone else!!! He grimmaced and swiveled around to face the door, making sure to keep his back to the balcony doors, so he could at least jump out that way should the other be packing more than an ion cannon could compete with.

Surprise was evident when a very mild-looking echidna stepped in, not because he actually dared to enter a domain that looked so sketchy, but that his roommate was just as vanilla-coloured as he was... how... this... this had to be some sort of joke. "Really." His voice perhaps sounded sardonic, which it was, but it also had the tone of a cement mixture - gravel and broken glass mixed in and swung around until it had somehow managed to achieve a smooth and uniform texture and consistency. Roughness was still evident from time to time, especially when given to emotion, but he had beaten it into a more acceptable, and vaguely comforting voice throughout the years.

"Perhaps they are that cruel," he sighed to himself, and trained the cannon at this 'doctor's' face. "Phineas. Are you sure that's the name you want to go by? Or is it Lieutenant? Is it Special Agent? Don't think you can just fool me with your 'friendliness'." He scanned over him quickly. No weaponry concealed in those bandages, but that suitcase was made of metal and looked suspicious.

"Who sent you? Hmm? Eggman? That... Fin... Fuh... whatever his name is - the guy people keep thinking is me? Talking now is better for you."

Last edited by Turbo on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Phineas could only blink as he was suddenly greeted with an arm canon. Already off to a lovely start… “Eh? W-Was it something I said??” He stuttered out, staring straight at the canon that was currently pointed at his face. Confusion was dominant in his face and this albino asked such strange questions. Maybe Phineas made a bad first impression? The way this one acted was like he was some sort of assassin. Phineas snickered at the thought. An assassin with a cane…How drôle.~

Phineas raised a brow at the stranger, still smiling. So now he was a Special Agent? Did he really look like one? Not that he would know what one looked like, or why he’d ask such questions in the first place. But Phineas decided to approach this as calmly as he could… Talking usually worked.

“Ahha, No,no…” He spread out his arms, showing that he held no weapons; though with that eye this echidna had he probably had taken the liberty to scan him down. And what interesting features this albino held…Phineas already was starting to develop questions about this one’s cybernetics. “I’m just a homely doctor, a physician to be more specific. I- nngh...” A small pained grunt escaped his lips before leaning against the wall. You could always count at that damned knee to dampen his mood.

A tired chuckle was heard from him. “Hm, No one has sent me, I assure you. I’m probably here for the same reason as you. Uh,” He would then stop speaking to give a hard stare at this albino. “...Fin?” Did he mean to say Finitevus? He would tell him that he knew and was related to Finitevus, but decided not to. The last thing Phineas needed was more fuel to add to the confusion of this situation.
And he had no ties what so ever with this Eggman character… Maybe he had heard about him in the news a few times, but not personally. He gave a soft rub to his knee, still looking up at the echidna with the scary arm canon.

“Again, no one has sent me.” He chuckled softly. “…I couldn’t hurt you if I tried.” He gave a sincere smile and motioned down at his knee. Though, this was a lie. With just a quick thought, Phineas could control the echidna with ease and could do with ever he wanted to him; thanks to his lovely cybernetics of course. But he would never do that. He had not failed to see the other look at his suitcase with paranoid eyes. “Hm? Oh, just clothes and such in there. If you don’t trust me, I don’t mind you looking through it.” Nothing to hide after all, but he hoped he wouldn’t actually go through his luggage… it would be a little embarrassing.

Maybe a change in subject would be good. “…So, I uh, I didn’t catch your name…” The dull pain subsided for now, so he leaned off of the wall and back onto his cane. “Not often you see another albino. Ahha…” Maybe he relating to him would calm him down…? “The stares and whispering get annoying, don’t they?” He spoke, smiling softly. They did get annoying, but he had adapted to this already. Such pale fur did stick out in a crowd rather easily…
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Dr. Zachary wasn't going to discount anything. He had, after all, committed a considerable amount of lies and cheats over the years, as mentioned before. It was altogether possible that if this man indeed had hurt his leg, they would still send a gimp to do the job. After all, who would suspect a cripple?

He looked over the wooden cane with suspicion, but it was one solid, lightweight piece of wood, barely more than 5 pounds, and lacking in ornamentation. That thing probably wouldn't be able to crack a nut in half, let alone his skull, though it could do some damage to abdominopelvic organs or... other organs, if it should be so employed. He made a note to be wary of that particular item, and turned to inspect that face.

"I would assume you to be a doctor, or at least, your cover to include that detail. This is a doctor's only floor, after all." He gave him a smug look and ran a more detailed scan, if he had to actually lock eyes with him. He had hoped that his eyes, scarlet red in their new form, might be a shock to him, but gold was such an equally unusual colour in itself that he had to stare.

Closer to the subject, his readings revealed micro-mechanical implements thinner than a sheet of paper, some just under the skin, and some thick, at the core of his bones or in his abdominal cavity. These implants - cyborganics - were advanced beyond the standard Dark Legion outfittings, since they preferred to show their uniqueness to the world, and it was competely different than his own enhancements, since this doctor didn't appear to have any portion of him actually removed. It was an elegant approach to the cybernetics question - all the package deal necessities like advanced reflexes, eyesight, hearing, sensations, scan, decode, but without the cumbersome adjustment to appearance or actually trying to do regular actions with a claw for a hand. And it would be so useful, if they were actually employed.

Whoever this really was, he had manually turned off all of his fixtures, even when they would have made a great enhancement to his appreciation of life. That knee for example, clearly suffering, but without the stabalisers and destressors on to steady his walk and take the pain away. From the looks of his spines, perhaps he had tried to remove the cybernetic grafts by force, before just trying to cover them up - they were still rather visible there, even with the patches of grey at the bottom (burns?) and the fur. One other area showed hints of the metal beneath; his eyes contained a faint silver gleam at the backs of them, if one studied them closely.

He realised his stare was probably a bit too intense, and backed off of it. "Well then. Ensign Phineas. It appears I have..." Zachary coughed and looked away at the bland, uniform hotel 'art' that littered the wall, probably mass-produced and hanging in every room. "We might have more in common than I thought." The arm cannon retracted into a hand, which was held out awkwardly. "Zachary. General practice, with a specialty in skin grafts, burns, nerve damage... that sort of line."

He only held his hand out long enough for it to be briefly shaken, before turning away to his own luggage and looking through it for a moment. Plenty of instruments to repair and recharge his arm and eye, high octane fuel for his jetpack, disguised as some sort of backpack, and other equipment related to his 'handicap', as well as medicine used to deal with the pain.

"Yes... yes, it is unusual," he agreed, half-listening. "I'd say you have no idea... but you probably do." The luggage was shut abruptly with a snap of the locks, concealing a sigh of... regret? and he turned to him with an opaque glass jar, the type seen in older hospitals and clinics. "I'll guess your story later, of course, Ensign Phineas." He chuckled, sticking with the nickname. "Now sit down and let me have a look at that knee."

Last edited by Turbo on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Zachary had answered Phineas’ question with a rather smug tone, making Phineas a tad nervous, but he smiled nevertheless. "Er... yes..." He softly muttered as he started to become self conscious with the intense staring he was getting from the other albino and shuffled slightly. Was some dirt on his face or something?? A quick glance at the other, and realisation spread across his face, but he couldn't help but look a little flustered.
'Oh... So he's scanning me. That would make sense I guess.’ He bit his lip, pretending to be busy looking at a bland hotel portrait of a typical beach scene. ‘...I hope he doesn't assume anything ill of the cybernetics. They aren't functioning right now, after all.’ He just hoped he wouldn’t have to deal with an ion blast to the head. But, Phineas was starting to get curious himself about Zachary and Phineas stared back at him... just to get a vague grasp of what exactly he was dealing with.

This doctor who stood before him had rather interesting cybernetics. They were not at all like the Dark Legions... his cybernetics held a different style of sorts. Who had implanted such robotics? Perhaps he implanted them himself. Intriguing... yes. Maybe he could take just a liiitle peek inside those cybernetics of his, maybe even search around for anything of interest. He would reach out for him, but abruptly stopped himself and looked away. ‘Nooo! Bad Phin!’ He mentally scolded himself for being as rude as to thinking such thoughts about this new comer. He probably looked away awkwardly at the same time Zachary did, nervously toying with his dreadlock. But he perked up as he heard his name and a nickname too?? Already?? Well... at least it wasn't some direct insult, right?

"Oh? Zachary... Dr. Zachary." He repeated after Zachary. What a strange name... He hadn't heard anything like it before. Maybe he wasn't from around here? "I see. Skin grafts, hm?? Interesting.~" He nervously reached out for his metallic arm and shook it quickly and let it go back to petting his own front dreadlock. ‘Hmm.’ He took some glances at Zachary, trying mark a rough estimate on how old he was. Maybe he was a little older than he was?? Phineas couldn’t really tell since those cybernetics of his were making it difficult to say for sure.

With Zachary no longer giving Phineas such a dead-on stare, the nervous, uneasy feeling slowly subsided, replaced with just plain content. Maybe it was safe to--
“Nngh…” He muttered softly, rubbing that knee again. This knee of his was being a real pain today; literally. Phineas had to wonder why it was acting up all of a sudden. Yeah he ran around earlier today, but surely it was nothing to fuss over. Phineas rubbed at the brink of his muzzle, sighing. ‘Oh I do hope I remembered to bring my medication…’

“Ah! Oh.. My knee??” He asked, looking down at it then back at Zachary. “…Well okay…” Sitting would be nice right now anyways. So that’s what he did. Phineas made his way over to the hotel bed beside Zachary and sat down on the edge, letting a sigh of relief escape his lips. “Ahh…” Currently his knee was wrapped up in gauze, for warmth purposes, as it was still chilly outside from a cold winter. He let out a tired chuckle and tried to make conversation while removing the bandages. “It’s… usually not so bad like this. Maybe it the cold weather we’ve been having. Ow, ow, ow…”

Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Flustering the other doctor was something that seemed to make his day just a little bit brighter. Most of his normal activities left people uncomfortable to some degree or another, since his accident had given him a complete disregard for personal space or societal decorum. Only the tiniest wedge of physical restraint kept him from grabbing one of those abnormally long dreadlocks and examining the base of it to determine whether or not he had indeed gained significant damage, perhaps even during childhood, by the looks of where the markings officially started.

He wasn't perturbed by staring back at him. People tended to do that, after all, when confronted with his special brand of alterations - and without the black cloak or the smugness or the Chalice Heart identification and association. A non-mainstream cyborg, as it were. However, this was starting to get... awkward. Zachary wasn't a people-person, and the very fact that he had to forcibly room with another made his skin crawl. He would have complained if he was paying for his own room, but he had been invited, much as he expected this Phineas had, and they rightfully couldn't complain when they were freeloading. He would have to... dare he say it... act sociable.

Firstmost though, to create an uneasy bridge with this person, if only so he could keep a wary eye on him, and perhaps examine the equally strange cybernetics. Unless he was a true spy or assassin, he definitely wasn't Dark Legion material. Technocracy was pretty much disbanded after that fiasco he had heard about on the Albion mainland, and the Chalice Heart was underground. From what he heard, six-feet underground. Perhaps this doctor was still with them, and in hiding from the naturalist factions, but he suspected that maybe Ensign Phineas was even in hiding from his own group. Why else pretend to be such a mild and harmless person, with direct face-to-face contact?

...Not that he was ruling out the assassin again, but technology that advanced wasn't a self-job, not that deep in.

Zachary shook himself out of his ruminations, and began undoing the bandages gently. From earlier readings, he was almost entirely certain that there was no major damage in the legs, aside from that knee which was clearly giving on him from stressors, and assorted small scars, probably nothing to be concerned about. Undoing the bandages only confirmed that. "I have to ask - what is the reasoning behind putting bandages on almost perfectly healthy legs?"

He looked back down, trying to make sure to re-roll the bandages as he went along, undoing them and inspecting the knee. There wasn't much he could do for it without invasive surgery, and while he appeared to have mechanical implants to correct the issue, particularly mag-gravs, those also appeared to be unused. How... unusual.

"This is a cream I created for burn victims," he said as he opened the jar, just to keep in the physician frame of mind - constantly chattering. "It involves certain flora indigenous to the Floating Island-" Difficult to obtain when a certain Guardian didn't take well to visitors. "-And was intended to provide local pain relief and a basis for healing - particularly for full-thickness burn victims." The cream was applied gingerly, though he had to take his glove off to do so. "It appears that you have some... ah, substantial nerve damage going on at the point of... anyway, it should do the job. You won't be able to feel a thing for about 12 hours."

He avoided looking at the other doctor's face, particularly those eyes. "The effects will probably last longer if you put some of this in the bandages." Once more, it took strength and willpower to avoid asking why he didn't intend to use the augmentations that could be incredibly beneficial to his quality of life. "I actually intended to reveal it at the conference for burns and scars. It shows remarkable properties for regeneration. However, certain people would like to make sure this never sees the light of day." Particularly, certain people who didn't want anyone harvesting things that belonged to them. Crushed up bits of Emerald shards included.

"I should... ah... I'll be late for a panel... Touch nothing of mine, Ensign!" He said it more jovially than normal speech, but his warning was accurate. Should any one of his luggage pieces be forced or attempted entry without the particular frequency, it would detonate the pound and a half of nitro stashed in the first shell. This was generally why he was unable to fly commercial airlines.

...It was probably a pity that rooming was not assigned on similarities of appearance (when names were imputed without any photo documentation to follow), but rather on number of panels attending that the possible roommates had in common.

Last edited by Turbo on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Well, Phineas was unravelling his bandages by himself, but Zachary had stepped in a quickly did them for him. What, did he think just because he had a cane he couldn’t take care of himself? Well, whatever… “Ah? Oh, my bandages… I keep them on when the weather is chilly like today. When my knees are cold they can be nothing but trouble for me.” That and because he didn’t wear pants… Most mobian males didn’t wear them either. Most thought it felt unnatural "I don't know... Personally, I think they feel more comfortable. I kinda like the feel of the Ah..." Hm... This Albino was rather quiet and seemed kind of introverted, making for rather awkward and stiff conversation. He hoped during the time they’d be staying together they’d warm up to each other… even if it was a little bit.
Anything other than this small talk would do…Maybe he could later try and bring up different interests in hopes they would find something, anything, in common.

Phineas shuffled a little as all of his bandages were completely off him. The cool air that rushed on his legs made him feel a tad uncomfortable. Again, Phineas tried to look preoccupied with looking at that same bland hotel on the wall since he could feel Zachary's eyes scan him down once more. No doubt Zachary wondered why Phineas had such strange cybernetics and why they were not in use. Well, Phineas could go and tell him why, but then again, Phineas had only met this guy two seconds ago. Who knows if this guy was a spy or assassin or special agent or whatever. Suspicions were high, so for now it would be wise just to keep his mouth closed.

"…Hm?" A good sized jar of cream was opened and Zachary briefly described what this strange cream was and what it would do. "Oh? How interesting..." What an odd coloured cream too. Phineas had to wonder if he had tested this out on someone before-hand. But Zachary obviously seemed to know his stuff, so Phineas relaxed for now and allowed for the cool cream to be applied. "..! Ah, it's cold..." He almost whimpered to himself but let Zachary finish. Sensitive knee was sensitive! And just as Zachary said, it provided sweet relief. His once heated and pained knee had simmered down almost instantly, making Phineas sigh out gratefully. “Ah~ Thank you… This feel wonderful on my knee.” Zachary had made this? Ahh, so he wasn’t just all talk.

“..Oh, did you say the Floating Island?” Angel Island? How positively intriguing!~ Phineas has never been up there before, and from what he heard from city gossip, he probably shouldn’t go up there. Apparently the Guardian up there was rather hot-headed and didn’t take too kindly to strangers on his island. But that didn’t stop Phineas from being curious… and this cream made him yearn even more to see the beauties of Angel Island...

Phineas nodded as small instructions were given to him. They were simple enough, and applying the cream to his bandages would assure all day comfort. “Thank you again, Zachary.” He was grateful but Phineas wished Zachary would stop being so damn vague when he spoke. But whatever. His knee wasn’t hurting or bothering him for now and that’s all that mattered. And now the cream was finished being applied Phineas could wrap up his legs again, which he did. The cream only made his legs even cooler, which was getting uncomfortable.

Phineas gave him a strange look. Why would he touch any of his stuff? “Yes, yes, I won’t touch anything.” He sighed, with a somewhat tired smile. Alright, so Zachary still didn’t trust him. That was fine… They had just met a minute ago. But, hopefully by the time this convention was over, Zachary will learn to a just a little bit of trust in him. That would be good enough for Phineas. They could be such good friends! Who knows what they could have in common? Their physical appearance already had some similarities, and that was a good start. Phineas was determined!

Oh, but he had to get going himself and had some unpacking to do. So he quickly finished with his leg wraps, stood up and went over to his metal suitcase. And as expected it didn’t hurt to walk. Ha! That was awesome! “Alright, I’m just going to unpack a few things. Um, See you later then?” Just clothes and such… and of course the rubix cube he was working on.
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Phineas' reactions were interesting, and he found himself smirking as he watched him out of the corner of his eyes, still taking due care and the utmost of patience in easing the other's pain. It was a novel approach to the heat issue, particularly when Albion was so far north, and albinos had the most difficulty gaining and retaining heat when their fur colour reflected and dispersed it so easily. He himself was fortunate enough to live in more tropical climates, consequently not adjusting too well to this temporary change, but at least retaining a higher degree of comfort than the other probably got.

"I'm happy to see it has applications aside from burn wounds themselves," he mumbled, knowing that this topical pain relief was probably better than anything else out there. If only certain people were not so stubborn and set in their ways... "Yes. Floating Island." Zachary looked up for a brief moment with a cold smile. "I do most of my research there. Beautiful area... untainted, really. Host to a whole ecosystem set apart from anything else..." The smile faded. "There are those that want to keep it untainted, which is... appreciable... but they also would deny the chance to gain any sort of good... It's nice to leave it pretty, but to let any potential cure or remedy just... stagnate... remain unknown, unfound, unapplied... that's more of a monstrosity than... than razing the whole place to the ground!!!" Apparently, he felt very strongly about this.

The ride in the lift was uneventful, and he made sure that no one else took the same lift as he was in. This particular conference room was smaller, headed up by two tables pushed together, and a small projection screen, while there were chairs for the attendees and a small table in the back with orange juice, cold coffee, and packets of generic sugar for them to sup on.

He found himself confronted by a small huddle of other doctors who addressed him as Phineas, describing some sort of... 30 year old thesis or something involving the fusion of medicine and nanites in surgery. The first few people were annoying and he dismissed them as sadly confused, but then it dawned on Zachary that the other albino was probably attending the panel. He scanned the crowd looking for Phineas, but couldn't find the doctor anywhere, though he spotted at least 6 instances of black market or illegal implementation of cybernetics - and rather shoddy ones, at that.

'M-maybe he's taking his time,' Zachary considered. Still... it seemed almost suspicious that he wasn't there yet, particularly when he was such a celebrity. The cyborg was almost tempted to go back up again and look for him - see if he had been slaughtered after he left, or was slaughtering something, or merely was absent minded, or had fallen and simply hadn't gotten back up, which was likely if he wasn't used to the cream taking every sensation out of his knee. Zachary didn't want to seem like he was over-protective though, and he wasn't exactly sure why he even so much as cared when he was so cold, but then again, he rationalised that if he didn't keep an eye on the Ensign at all times, he would be poking his head into his suitcases faster than one could say GAH.

He excused himself hurriedly, marking his seat to prevent others from taking in it by crumpling the back with his electronic arm, before shooting for the stairs with a glower. Phineas was still in his room? Not for long.

(OOC: Kind of a less than awesome post, I know. ^^; )

Last edited by Turbo on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Mon May 09, 2011 1:43 pm

“…o-oh my…" Zachary sure was… dedicated to his works. What else would be a good word to describe it? He even started to raise his voice in mid speech and Phineas wasn’t sure if Zachary had noticed himself he was yelling out his beliefs. It had startled him... But it was good to see that at least some people were interested in finding such things as cures or natural remedies.
It wasn’t long before the other albino left for the panel, leaving him alone for the moment. And rather quickly at that… It was unclear whether he really wanted to get to that panel or just wanted out of the room with the not-so-stranger. Either way, Phineas was now alone for the moment.

“ah…Finally.” A soft sigh then escaped his lips and started to work on unpacking. Yes, he had somewhere to go and things to do, but he wouldn’t be at peace unless everything was unpacked and in its place. Granted, with the cream now numbing his pained knee, it was a little difficult to walk around the hotel room so making his things organised would be a little difficult as well. Phineas was just grateful that he could no longer feel that annoying pain in his knee.

And it wasn’t until 10 minutes later his belongs were unpacked and organised… Just the way he liked it. “Huu~ That’s better~” A small glance at his pocket watch and- “GAH! I’m late!! Oh gods Oh gods!” Well, that was to be expected, wasting his time like that. He had a rather important panel to get to! But since everything was organised, he could easily grab his folders and head on out the door and make his way over to the lift. And of course, he had left with Zachary’s luggage untouched and the way that he left it; on his side of the room.

So late... so terribly late…

Indeed he was. Actually, Phineas should have been there 30 minutes ago. But getting threatened by a random albino which later tended to his knee took a good chunk of his time. Ha, but he shouldn’t blame this all on poor Zachary, since Phineas was the one who was a little anal about getting organized. It was probably the downside of being so organized... He was usually late for important things.
Being that he was late, Phineas took a small short cut to the rail to save a little bit of time behind a few halls. This was not Phineas' first stay at this hotel after all.

A quick trip of 3 minutes on the speed-rail and he was there. All he needed to do was quietly walk in the doors and hope to find a seat-- "GAAH!" Nngh, stupid knee! It didn't hurt, but confound it!! The numb thing just ...gave out on him at the last moment! Which sent him falling forward into the large doors and falling on his face; in front of many high grade doctors no less. "Ow...owow..." He didn't even need to look up to see everyone staring... He could feel their eyes fixed on him. 'Keep...positive, Phineas... walk away with a s-smile...' He urged himself and slowly stood up, collecting his cane and papers. "...Ah..haha... S-Sorry I'm late. Uhm, D-don't mind me..." Ugh, Debatably the best convention ever
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Mon May 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Zachary was taking the elevator again, not wanting to go to any real bother for him, like, exertion, if he could avoid it. They were roommates, and vague look-alikes, only by their fur colour, but that was all that they were going to be, and as soon as this conference was over, they would never have to see each other again. He was only being so... 'nice'... because he didn't want the confusion to continue and persist throughout this conference. Once people met him and saw the main differences between them, he'd be left alone in blissful peace for the duration of the conference.

Upon arriving at his room, he found it empty, but all of the other doctor's things neatly packed away... Ensign Phineas was nowhere to be found... He wrinkled his nose at the prissy condition that the little one had left everything - folded and pressed, no less!!! - before moving out, doing a brief scan of the entire facility. Phineas' cybernetics stood out to him in bright glowing red from his threat meter, making him the most easily identifiable profile in the hotel. For a man with a disability, he certainly moved... quickly. How... suspicious.

Zachary took his time walking back to the conference room. If there was anything new, it wouldn't be at the start, and they would have waited for their favourite person there. He was just at the doorway when he watched the little ensign go down in a heap. Perhaps his reaction to the topical drug was a bit... he could tone it down in future applications, or refine the injected version. He had only seen him as a viable test subject after all.

Regardless of this line of reasoning, he quickly moved forward to help him up, the stronger metallic arm extended and clasped around one of those little wrists to drag him back up, if need be, or provide a graceful counterbalance if the other was strong enough to push himself back up, before he was even aware of his actions. As conscious action returned to play, he noticed the line of seats facing them - the entrance was out in front of the panel tables, where Phineas had decided to take a dive, and by this point, there were enough doctors there to give them an audience.

"Get up," he hissed threateningly, the blood levels in his cheeks shooting dangerously high for his normally blank face. "Pick up your cane and get to your seat, already. People are watching." Nevertheless, he didn't abandon him, but waited for him to take his hand and accept his help. Was he stuck having to follow this clumsy little innocent around the rest of the conference?

No, not an innocent. This was the dread Herr Ensign Phineas, leader of the Black Hand of the Albion Technocracy, the cruel torturing and execution squad, with a 'Finger' devoted to assassination. He had successfully completed over 51 consecutive, high-ranking assassinations in the political world, only to have his knee shot out by an errant bullet, giving him that iconic and sinister limp... He was only making sure that he has a higher chance of living, by following this... this living weapon around...

(OOC: Italics are his imagination at work, now)

Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Well, Phineas would be getting up, but once again his knee was making it difficult for him. And it wasn’t because of pain, no, it was because he couldn’t feel it; at all. Doctors were still staring intently and Phineas would have been fine with it if at least one of them would help him up or lend some support… Ah, this is why he hated coming to these conventions… too many smug, pompous doctors all under one roof. He found the air to be thick and difficult to breathe. Geh, but he needed to get up now… too much attention for his liking.

“Oh… Right, right, sorry… Ah-?” Well, at least someone had helped him. Granted, it was a little rough getting grabbed like that, but Phineas was happy enough. With a little help from Zachary he was up on his feet once more and quickly picked up those fallen sheets as well. “Ah, Thank you Zachary,” He whispered, noticing how red in the face he was getting. Gah, he looked more than embarrassed… Poor thing… ah, if only he wasn’t so clumsy. Zachary didn’t have to put himself out like that for him…

Doctors were still staring though, so he gave them an irritated smile. “G-Go on now, nothing else to see here.” A few glances at one another and the small crowd went on with their lives, taking their seats. “Ugh… I hate conventions like these.” Phineas muttered to the other, with a sort of defeated look on his face. “Too many people under one roof, if you know what I mean.” Too much hot air. He sighed, motioning over to the doctors with the higher looking cybernetics… also the ones with the illegal implantees. He…seemed alright with this however, looking at them like they were completely normal… and legal.

But enough complaining… The panel was about to begin. Taking his seat beside Zachary, keeping in mind of his limp knee, he quietly and quickly organized his papers again, making sure they were all in order once more. “…Oh yeah, I thank you for the cream, but I think… it works a little too well.” Softly speaking, so only the two of them could hear each other. He chuckled lightly; keep that positive look on his face. “No pain though.~”

(OOC: ...Not that long of a post, I know..;; ;w; )
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Mon May 30, 2011 1:40 am

He could pretty much discount any sort of assassination attempt at this point, with Phineas this clumsy, but that didn't mean he would stop with the Ensign joke. Not now that he had taken to it so heavily. He helped collect the scattered notes silently, then walked Phineas to his seat with the air of a perfect gentleman, completely silent and avoiding any comment from the peanut gallery.

The poor echidna beside him... so distressed by this wayward attention. He wished he could do something to comfort him. As it was, he could only stand by to avert the next catastrophe, and to continue helping as he had been. His own embarrassment would be secondary. Still though, as a creature used to shadows and anonymity, scornful of his own features, let alone frightened of how everyone else perceived his unmistakable disfigurement, he was finding it... difficult.

"I know exactly what you-- Ahhhh, cunning Ensign. Getting me to conspire or confide though relating our experiences? Ha haaa... you won't fool me." Zachary laughed good-naturedly and patted his head, adjusting the other's glasses for him. While he looked cute and innocent with them skewed, he realised it had to be difficult to see with them that way.

"The cream? You were it's test subject. Perhaps just keeping it to one application... and not smearing it on your bandages... I could dilute it with Guata oil..." He mused thoughtfully. "The important thing is that it blocked pain. Which it did, no? So aside from some little errors, it could be applicable with conditions substantially more serious or dire than yours?" Zachary looked hopeful, then downright pleased at the information.

"You can watch for the second application, Ensign. I assure you, this will be much more gentle and reasonable than the first... No need to see you trip again. Ah... how's about drinks though? They run complimentary. Tonight, down at the bar?"

The proceedings were interrupted as the projector turned on, green numbers shifting on a black plane faster than the eye could comprehend, until it looked like a simple programming function. A hollow metallic voice mirrored what was being typed one character after the next on the screen:

_>Good afternoon, honourable doctors.

_>It is to my understanding that this panel is dedicated to the merging of flesh and metal. And while I was invited to attend this convention, as with years previously, I must regretfully deny this invitation.

_>I hope you do not mind, however, that I crashed the party.

_>Enclosed in packets sent to each of your PDAs and notepads are the latest designs and mathematical formulae associated with replacement of vital control centers in the brain.

_>This research should be able to 'cure' those cursed with diseases like encephalitis lethargica, as well as other brain disorders and diseases of the body linked to the medula oblongata.

_>If I have any further updates, I will let you know. All the notes are there; you know what to do with them.

_>Good day, doctors.

_>-Z

Zachary clenched his fists, his red eyes glaring at the screen with murderous intent as the green text did not vanish, only remain, though the blinking of the icon meant that the figure behind the screen had stopped typing and was only letting it sit there, as it was. It took everything within Zachary not to throw something at the glass, but he kept restrained.

"So, drinks?" He growled.

Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm

He looked confused at first, furrowing his eyebrow, but then soon realized that he was joking around with him… sorta. Phineas was just glad that he wasn’t cross at him for that little mishap. He gave a little laugh himself, shyly flustered at the glasses adjustment. He hadn’t realized that they were askew... ahh, he must have looked a tad silly. Why wouldn’t the embarrassment leave him alone already??

“Ah, You caught me.~” He mused back and going with the small joke. Ah, it seems Zachary was gunna stick with the ‘Ensign’ nickname. Oh well. Perhaps it was a small inside joke they could share together.

Phineas then blinked at Zachary curiously. “…Wha? I was a test subject?” Well that changes everything… He wouldn’t have tried out this strange cream if he had known it hadn’t been tested yet. Phineas couldn’t help but feel a little used, but he couldn’t get angry with Zachary for some reason. If you wanted to get Phineas angry, one must be extremely persistent and determined to troll. Phineas was never one to resort to angry, heated emotions…It just wasn’t the way to go.
“Hnn… Well, you should have clued me in about that, Zachary.” He pouted lightly, but softened up. “...But I guess that would defeat the whole purpose of the test now would it...?”

Ha, ‘Blocked pain’ indeed. Zachary’s pain cream was so good that it completely blocked off all feeling in his knee!~ Just wonderful, Zach.<3 But what was a test without trial and error? Phineas smiled and nodded, now resting his cane on his lap neatly. “I do hope so. Tripping and falling so suddenly is something I’d never get used to.” Okay, so another small test had to be done. So be it… He just hoped that this time, there would be no drastic side-effects…

“Eh?” The sudden change in subject caught him off guard. Opening his mouth to answer, his ear flickers to the side and turned his attention over to the large screen in front of the crowd. Lovely binary soon showed and then translated into proper English words. Phineas stared and almost flinched as that voice was heard throughout the conference room. The whole room was silent, listening intently to what this voice and screen had to say. The voice… It was void of any emotion, coming off as cold, and unfeeling; right to business too.

“…” But the voice was instantly recognized as the infamous ...’Z-sama’. Phineas had read about him, and of course Z-sama had ‘attended’ previous conventions such as these… What an interesting character. As soon as he had heard about him so many years ago, Phineas had been intrigued by this Z-sama. He even considered him as someone to look up to… an idol even. As he had finished his very brief speech, the only noise now in the room was positive murmurs to one another. He could feel his grip tighten on his wooden cane then…..

Brilliant!~ Absolute brilliance!~ Phineas was just itching to go and read those notes now~~~ So much can be accomplished!~ He fidgeted happily in his seat, but soon stopped himself as he noticed how red in the face Zachary was getting. “…Zachary?” He tilted his head in confusion, raising his brow slightly. He looked… angry, to say the least. Was it something Z-sama had done? How could anyone be mad with him? He placed a warm hand on his shoulder, but then remembered Zachary's question before Z-sama had interrupted.
".. Oh, yes... Yes that would be lovely.~"
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:17 pm

(OOC: Going to try to find an easier colour on the eyes for reading Zachary's stuffz)

Zachary wasn't someone to let just anyone into his 'fortress'. He was secretive about his emotions, and suspicious of everyone, perhaps to the point of paranoia, perhaps not. He would never say any action was beyond suspicion, and would never proclaim any security measure as 'too-much', or overkill. He had made very few friends since the accident that had ruined his life, most of which were from his various criminal pursuits, but this little doctor here - even if he was the notorious and deadly Herr Ensign Phineas - really had a grip on his emotions faster than any other that he knew so far. Zachary would scoff at the mention of 'Soul Touch', but it seemed more like the more palatable 'friendship' version, a neat platonic soul-binding. Maybe... maybe he could... trust him... He smiled back, meaning it, for once.

"You weren't the only test subject," he begrudgingly admitted. "But you did present yourself as an opportunity. Eight of the other trials were burn victims, and two were for broken bones and skin grafts in... ah... exceedingly painful places. And don't think I'd put something on you that I hadn't first tried on myself." He gestured to the painful looking scars and burn wounds on the very edges of his mechanical components. "There are also... injected versions... but it's more dangerous." He looked uneasy. "I've found that... it's very easy for patients to get hooked on that, and so I discontinued those trials about... two or three years ago." Actually, he was the only test subject for that, but after painful detoxing, he would like to think that he had kicked it. "Considering that it's in it's final stages compared to its crude form, I thought it would be only decent to offer it, and its usefulness in the past seemed good precedent for this situation."

He stared into the other's eyes seriously. "I won't let you trip again. That would reflect rather poorly on the drug's efficacy. As soon as this session is over, we go back up to the room, redress the wound, and then see what panel you have next. I carry enough samples of ingredients that it should be easy enough to make up a special version for your particular needs."

He was glowering at the screen, the room, almost everything around by the time the little interruption had finished his presentation. This... so-called Z-sama and Zachary had... history, and he was not at all appreciative of the other continuing to exist, let alone practically stalking him. Admittedly, Z-sama did good for the medical and electronic communities, making people safer and healthier, but Zachary had been hacked, debased, stripped of his secrets and memories and everything that was his... He'd never let it happen again. Never let that intellectual rapist anywhere near his systems. If Ensign Phineas was everything that offered him a new chance at friendship and innocence, then Z-sama was, to him, everything that made him lurk in the shadows and suspect everyone and everything. Phineas would never understand, of course, but he would never expect him to.

He gave a brief, pained smile at the acknowledgement. "Good." Then returned to taking notes on the new procedures mentioned, as if the interruption had never occurred. Forget, and it would be more pleasant, he told himself.

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:14 am

Phineas took some sort of relief in that. As long as he wasn’t being tested like some sort of lab rat, then it was fine with him. Besides, cream sounded much safer than the … injected versions. He'd take strange cream over needles any day. The last thing he wanted was to be hooked some pain medication. His eyes softened and nodded. “Alright, I get where you’re coming from. I'm sorry for assuming the worst." He mused lightly, smiling.

But put on a more neutral expression when gazing down to Zachary's more... interesting cybernetics. There was, indeed, painful looking scars and burns. What had happened to Zachary that would have caused for something like this? Phineas didn't want to assume the worst of situations, but he had had cybernetics that didn't look all too 'natural' for his body, then he'd have to assume he was in some sort of accident. And that alone made Phineas' heart sink. 'Poor Zachary... What had happened to you?' He sadly wondered before nodding at Zachary to show him he was listening.

"I see, and thank you Zachary~" He put on a smile again before speaking, thumbing his cane while he spoke. He liked the feel of the smooth wood. "Don't worry, I trust you." And he meant it. "Ach... That sounds like a good plan. My knee is starting to get a little b-bit of feeling..." He mumbled nervously, trying to stand, but sitting back in his chair as he realized that he still couldn't feel anything in his knee. "Ah~ Never mind." He smiled brightly. "Though, I'd take no feeling opposed to pain any day.~"

He glanced back up at the screen and back at Zachary, not understanding why exactly he had so much apparent hate for Z-sama. It was more than likely they had some sort of history together... But it didn't look like Zachary wanted to really talk about it, so Phin would let things as they were. Maybe he'd be able to ask him later on with less people around...

With everything now written down and neatly filed away, Phineas thought that keeping the subject lighthearted would be better for them. Instead of dwelling on something that made Zachary angry and Phineas just plain confused.
"So... What time tonight do you want to head out? Any time past 8 is good for me.~" He chuckled nervously and smiled. "I'm not much of a drinker, but I don't mind going if its with you.~" Bonding amongst friends was always fun.~
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Zachary immediately noticed the attention that the other doctor was renewing toward his cybernetics, and momentarily worried about being scanned himself, before reassuring himself that the doctor's enhancements had all been manually retired. He knew the other's questions without him being tactless enough to voice them, and a thin smile wormed over the surgeon's face. "I'll tell you how I got the shinies later, right???" It wasn't so much a boring story as a violent one, and he would have to formulate some sort of variation of the tale to hide just how grossly cruel some of his own actions were. That wasn't exactly how to keep a friend, after all, by telling your sins so flatly.

Although the remark at trust was more made toward his medical testing, Zachary still winced as guilt plagued him. Phineas here was blameless (No, he was the dread Herr Ensign!) and innocent, and really, hanging around a big bad wolf like Zachary was a tragedy in the making. He felt even guiltier about not telling him the full account of his interactions with Z-Sama, but it was an equally difficult tale to tell. And when Z-Sama had unloaded such a ray of light regarding medical advances that would have never been so much as thought of for the next 50 years.... Well, he would seem dubious indeed, not to mention petty.

He shook his head to concentrate on other matters, the discussions, though sidetracked for a lengthy discourse on how wonderful the new invent of Z-Sama's was, already recorded and stored in his memory base. "I believe 8 works for me as well.... and to confess, I don't drink often either." He smiled faintly again. "Perhaps we shall do this - after the conference, we head to the bar, and I will tell you a little story or two to pass the time. That way, you don't fill the day with annoying questions when your time could be diverted to medical research or cooing about your crush on Z-Sama--" Because really, who didn't have a crush on him these days? "And I have a partner to drink and talk with for a little while."

To avoid sounding as unbelievably lonely as he just did, he smirked and tapped the little doctor on the nose. "And that way, I ensure that the Ensign isn't going to phone in to his superiors about me. How's about it, hmm?"
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Phineas Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:42 pm

One would wonder what this Zachary was thinking. Phineas would sometimes guess what others were thinking. It was a fun inside joke with himself, really. Like for instance, right now Zachary look a little irritated and nervous. That's what his body language was saying anyways... So right now, in Phineas' mind, Zachary was thinking of how lumpy these converance chairs are. Oh how uncomfortable they were to sit on. I wish I could drag a bed on here to longue around on, while everyone talks about their boring meeting speeches.
Phineas was easily distracted when he was bored. He snickered to himself, while Zachary was going on about shinies or something. Oh, maybe he should stop being rude and actually listen instead of nodding every few minutes.

"oh... Yes, okay. I'd love to hear a story from you. I--" He almost sputtered, fully focused now. "Z-Zach! I don't have a 'crush' on Z-sama!" He hissed, trying to keep his voice down, though blushing. The small doctor frowned lightly, but looked suprised when his nose was poked, rubbing it gently with an index finger. "... Sounds good then." He was shooing that blush away, telling himself Zachary was just teasing.
Dr. Phineas
Dr. Phineas
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:26 pm

(OOC: Great, now since we've established that he becomes an alcoholic, I'm so scared of takin' it too far!!! XD)

"Excellent." The doctor abruptly turned back to watching the screen, carefully examining not exactly what was being presented, but what this Z-Sama had done. This.... computer... hacker never claimed to have any sort of medical degree, and the sort of stuff he was meddling in was too disjoined. Robotics, medicine, surgery, biomechanics/cyborganics and implementation, physics, chemistry -- There was no way that anyone could stock up that many degrees, and yet for all the stolen research that Z-Sama had taken in, he seemed to blend everything together seamlessly. This was the voice of a revolution - decades of developments on what seemed like a monthly basis.

Perhaps Zachary would have been one of his little hero-worship victims. The Legion and Technocracies were initially annoyed, but when they found that a little theft would return them such advancements, they couldn't be too worried. But the jerk had stolen from his designs, plundered his systems, without a word of mention or any serious issue in doing so. It was an embarrassment and an outrage, and he could never forgive him. He hadn't even considered making a single one of Z-Sama's upgrades on his bionics. It might be considered a mark of pride, but he wouldn't accept the demeaning nature of doing so.

The rest of the panel passed by without much interruption, and he helped escort Phineas on to the next one. It seemed almost comfortable and natural to accompany the little (tall) doctor around to his panels - which ones they had in common. He was at least easier to speak to. Zachary found himself longing for 8 to arrive, or at least for the end of his panels so he could stop sitting in cramped metal chairs, put on something a little more comfortable, and indulge in something alcoholic as the way to end a stressful and annoying day.
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum