Sonic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turn Order
WIP
Latest topics
» SSWiki Page Dump
Lost Cause EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm by Turbo

» Wikia Entries
Lost Cause EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

» Archieness
Lost Cause EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm by Turbo

» WE HAZ COOKIEZ
Lost Cause EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 am by Turbo

» Hi There!
Lost Cause EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm by Turbo

» Being MIA and Stuff
Lost Cause EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm by Knuckles the Echidna

» Numerology and Character Personalities
Lost Cause EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 am by Knuckles the Echidna

» Forum Debate
Lost Cause EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am by Turbo

» The Intercessory
Lost Cause EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm by Turbo

Wikia Entries

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

To Edit:
-Locke
-Dr. Moreau
-Negative Egon
-Dr. Smoke
-Menthor
-Julie-Su

Comments: 0

Poll

Who should be part of the Chalice?

Lost Cause I_vote_lcap29%Lost Cause I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Lost Cause I_vote_lcap29%Lost Cause I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Lost Cause I_vote_lcap0%Lost Cause I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Lost Cause I_vote_lcap14%Lost Cause I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Affiliates
Mirrored Mobius
Sonic Story
Crossed Off 2.0
Sonic Darkness
Return2Mobius

Lost Cause

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lost Cause Empty Lost Cause

Post  Turbo Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Knuckles was the sole inhabitant of Angel Island, a floating continent that was often obscured behind thick clouds, produced by machinery made by the echidna's ancestors, the Knuckles Tribe. For months now, he had been searching for some clue of why they had all disappeared, ever since his meeting with Knuckles-Alpha. However, the jungles had taken the temples and monoliths, and where they had been hidden to was known only by the occasional hunk of rock peeking out of the vines.

Not that it would have mattered anyway, if they were all in plain sight or not. He couldn't read or speak the ancient Echidnian language, and it would be quite useless to try. All he knew, and all he had ever known was that he was the Guardian of the rock, and that the rock was important, and linked to his Chaos Force, and that people were always trying to come and steal the blasted thing. He tried to throw it off the island once, when he was younger, and it almost put the island in the ocean... He had been stupider then.

The only sort of clue he had to go on was this same Emerald, which was connected with the island, and was probably around since the ancient time...

(OOC: Now... let the intense competition of posting begin...)
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

https://sonicsociety.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lost Cause Empty Re: Lost Cause

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Knuckles stared at the slick surface of the Emerald, which faintly glowed at all times. It was shiny enough that he could see his own reflection, and he really tried to keep it as nice as possible. A little elbow grease never hurt in keeping his rock preeeeetty. He rubbed a gloved hand over it gently. "What secrets are you hiding," he asked, more to himself than to the rock proper. "What things have you seen? The fall of the Knuckles Tribe? Hmm?"

He sat down in front of it, and admired it. It looked like it was starting to grow some sort of crystal beryl by the bottom, a new generation of emeralds. "Everyone wants to steal ya... it can't be just your shine, or your size..." He smiled ruefully. "Or the fact you're the biggest gem I've ever seen..." Perhaps the whole Chaos Force was right over his head. He wasn't dumb, or at least, didn't mean to be. But it wasn't like he was some sort of super-hero. Sure, a few times he had left the island to help out with crises, but the island's strict security picked off even fruit flies when he was gone. The defence was airtight. Well... maybe not completely, since it got stolen so often... Grrrr... that pesky blue hedgehog's fault!

"Wish I knew," he reflected. "But I don't... an' everyone that wants to tell me so eager keeps on just trying to betray me or steal ya or make me do sumpin'..." He sighed and picked at the grass, having nothing else to do more than make a few grass necklaces. A very boring job, on then days when he didn't take it too seriously...

(OOC: HA POSTED FIRST! >D)
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:05 pm

It was this day that the aforementioned rock began to behave most unusually. It was typically encased in a cool green glow, but here it had faced what could be akin to a Chaos brownout. The energy within the stone seemed to pulsate slowly throughout the hour, in intervals of thirty minutes, sometimes less. As the 'tides' of energy flowed through the Master Emerald, so did the island. It rocked as if on waves in the air, cushioned by the slow cycles, so not to disturb the environment, but it was just noticeable.

At last it dimmed away the final ray of green light, a black, dirty aura emanating from the stone. The energy swirled rather than radiated, dark smoke trails bubbling up into the air. A vortex began to birth from this field, even as the island began to plummet. First, a black-tipped ear, then a darkened face, and at last six green quills before dark green eyes opened to survey the surroundings. The first thing he noticed was Knuckles, which gave rise to a look of surprise, as if he weren't expecting anyone to be sitting there.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

http://s1.zetaboards.com/SonicStory

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:11 pm

The echidna looked at the Emerald with interest, and then jumped back when the island began to rock, instead of sailing smoothly through the sky. "What the-?!" It wasn't like being rocked in a cradle, but sometimes the island lurched as it stopped motion for a moment, and went pendulum-ing in the opposite direction. Again, it wasn't so much a sweeping motion so much as a tilting, and he felt dragged by the momentum in those few moments. If it was faster, he might curse the gods or something, but this was just insane.

He stared as the Emerald seemed to get brighter with each swoop of the island. Oh gods. He had talked to it, and he was bringing doom to the world. Or something. Maybe he said a magic word. When the smoke came out of it, he thought he had broken it. "Oh f***!" He whined. The echidna clung to the grass, which was keeping him from flying up with the free fall he was now encountering as the island fell.

Then it just... stopped... and he did a rather clumsy faceplant. He watched, horrified, as a person began to come out of the Emerald, surrounded by the dark smoke, but through the stone like it was fluid, and he was surfacing from a swim. He stopped trying to hide, instead being overwhelmed by curiosity.

"..." Well, this person wasn't going to steal his Emerald, if he was a part of the Emerald. And if he was a part of the Emerald- He fell on his face in a bow. "Welcome, Spirit of the Emerald," he said respectfully.

(OOC: Damn filter... XD)
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Unaware of the gravity taking hold of the island, as it was already in motion before he began to appear, he pulled himself the rest of the way out of the gem and stepped out, feeling light, but apparently thinking nothing of it. The moment his heel was free of the vortex, the dark energy sucked itself away. Almost immediately, the familiar green hue returned, as did the support system for the island. The green hedgehog stumbled as the descent was halted, nearly tumbling onto his face from the change in g-force. Unlike Knuckles, he was fortunate enough to correct himself in time.

"You get earthquakes like that much?" Wait --Spirit of the Emerald? He looked over his shoulder and back at the echidna. With no one else around, he assumed this guy was either talking to him, utterly insane, or both. Unless that was ... what he was. He wasn't really sure. It had been a long time since he was out of that ...wherever that creepy place was between worlds. Heaven, hell, he wasn't really sure. All he knew is that it was unbearably desolate, and he was glad to be free.

"So do I get like, three wishes?" He grinned.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Knuckles blinked at him. "That was no earthquake... 'cuz... y'see... this island is in the sky. No tech-whatsit plates." He nodded sagely. "You can see it soon enough, Mr. Spirit... if ya wanna..." He jerked his thumb off in the direction of the clearing, which, just beyond, would be the island's rim.

He resumed bowing when the spirit talked again. Hmm... well, genii granted wishes... but perhaps spirits were powerful enough to ask wishes of mortals? Like... the gods getting mortals to do things for them? Quests, and such?

"Um... how about one?" He suggested quickly. One nasty task would be better than three long and troublesome ones. Best just get it over with. "If it so pleases you, Mr. Spirit of the Emerald..." He was burning up with questions though. The Spirit of the Emerald had come to answer his questions, right? For a price of a wish, or task? He tried to hide a grin bubbling up.

(OOC: Now Trick him! :D)
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:17 pm

An island in the sky... That was certainly interesting. Following Knuckles's gesture, he would begin to descend the stairs, walking slowly towards the clearing, and thus, the edge. He was truly intrigued, but he glanced back to see the echidna and paused. "One, huh? Fair enough, I suppose." Particularly when he expected a resounding, "no." He tapped his lip idly, thinking of the best way to explain his situation. For starters, he didn't even know how he ended up here, of all places. He only knew one thing for certain, and that was who was responsible.

"I did not originally 'live' in the Emerald." He turned to face Knuckles again, frowning bitterly. "I don't know how long I've been in there, but I was once a free 'spirit', until someone collected all of the Chaos Emeralds to seal me away out of his own selfish desires. We were once inseparable, and I helped him where he could not go on alone in his weak mortal form, but with the Chaos Emeralds in his hands, the power corrupted him. I was trapped there under his will, probably because I was the only one who could challenge his thirst for raw power. It's been a long time, and I want you to help me strip him of his powers and return unity to our form. Think you can handle that?" He grinned suddenly and sharply, resting a hand on his hip.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:43 pm

He followed the spirit to make sure that he didn't walk off the island. Not that he thought that the spirit would... fall off the island, on purpose, but it seemed wisest just to make sure...

"Um..." He shut up when he listened to the spirit talk about his time in the Emerald. "So... how long ago did this happen?" He wanted to know how much the hedgehog-shaped-spirit knew. Maybe he could help him out with his search for answers! He remained silent for the spirit's wish request, with only a raise of his other eyebrow. Well, he certainly had the swagger of a spirit. Nothing with that sort of swagger could be powerless.

"Okay... nooo problem..." He waved a mitt at him. "That's all? We'll go an' find this guy..." He just shrugged. "And then maybe you could help me out with my little problem? Would that be cool, Mr. Spirit?" He hoped so.

(OOC: Fail post...)
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 pm

"Not really sure." He said shortly and honestly. He had no clue how long it was. "It seems like years. Maybe more. heh, maybe even the guy I'm looking for is dead." He seemed satisfied with the thought, but he didn't know what that meant if he really was dead... No, he had a sneaking suspicion he was not dead at all. Good. He wanted to witness the other's punishment for himself. There was a certain security to being there.

"Yeah..." he replied distantly, staring off the edge of the island. "Yeah, we'll find him." He folded his arms, moving back from the cliff. 'Spirit' wasn't a name that particularly suited him. Even if he really was some kind of ghost, he didn't really like it. Let's see... He closed his eyes, brows furrowed. That color... hm.. blue, cobalt... Azure? Azura. "Ashura," the hedgehog smirked, lids opening coolly, "My name's Ashura. And yeah, I'll see what I can do for you." In the meantime, he was awfully empty-feeling. Usually he didn't have to worry about that kind of thing, but it seemed like he would now. "Know where I can get a drink and maybe even a bite of food? It's been forever."
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 pm

(OOC: Tried posting this once, and my computer conked out on me... so it's... just not the same... Too awkward >-_-< )

Years was a long time. It reassured him that it really was a spirit. He nodded in appreciation. Had to be the rub. Sure, he put his fair share of work into the Emerald, but it had to be more than that, or he would have rubbed out a spirit on his first day. Knuckles listened to him silently, considering. It was quite possible that this was true, but he doubted that the other guy was really dead.

"Seems, in my experience-" A book on fairy tales. "That things that were a part of gods, or genies, or spirits don't tend to die that easily. You'll find him. Ya just have to look a little harder..." He ecouraged, before resuming his laid back expression. He noticed how the spirit looked distant when he was thinking.

Ashura sounded like a proper name for a god/genie/spirit, and it only affirmed to him that this spirit was the real deal. "The name's Knuckles, and I'm the Guardian of that there rock you just stepped out of..." He gave a laugh-that-was-not-a-chuckle. "Almost picked you off when I saw you... No one touches my Emerood..." He looked shocked when the guy's stomach rumbled. Guess spirits got hungry too. "Um... sure... there's a stream nearby, and lots of fruit... You like grapes?"
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 am

[[ OOC: MY EMMERDOODS ]]

Knuckles was right... he was pretty sure he was right, anyhow. Ashura could almost feel it. "Your Emerald?" Hm, come to think of it, that was a very large rock full of an awful lot of radiation. Almost like those Chaos Emeralds. He opened his mouth to ask, then hesitated. No, if he asked a question like that, it would become apparent that he wasn't who this guy thought he was. "It's for your own health that you didn't, I think." He beamed dangerously. If this guy thought he could take him on, he was sorely mistaken.

As far as whether he liked grapes, "Don't know if I've ever had any. If I did, I didn't know what they were called. I'm used to coastal fare if that explains anything for you." Coastal fare and one other thing. One succulent, juicy, savory other thing. It almost hurt to think about it. "Unless you've got some chili, though, I'm up for trying anything new." That said, he would set himself to follow wherever need be to take care of his newly regained form.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:02 pm

"Yeah, mine." He shrugged. "I didn't know it was your home, Ash. But I have kept it nice 'n shiny, right?" He blinked at him anxiously. What if the spirit thought he was a bad Guardian? What would he do in life then? He wasn't going to be a racer or a fighter! Certainly not! Besides, it was the biggest Chaos Emerald around, and who else could beat up anyone who could take it?? Not the blue rat!

"Yeah, I figured that." He laughed. "I don' mess with spirits..." He could take him. Maybe be down for a round, but he would still win. Ain't nobody could outpawnch the Knuckles.

"Grapes are only the best fruit around," he said simply. "Juicy and nommy..." Now he was hungry too!!! "I could get you some fish, or an albatross..." He wasn't too sure on the coastal fare though. "But chili?" He snorted. "So long as you don't eat it on one of them meat things... In a bun..." He made a gagging motion. Vegans and chili dogs didn't go well together. "There used to be a vendor around here, when I was younger... Betcha I could still make some..." Strange... were all hedgehogs like this?
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Ashura shot the echidna an annoyed-yet-concerned look, lids flatlined and brows quirked asymmetrically. He was hardly questioning ownership. Despite the fact that it was probably worth a pretty penny, he didn't really care much for money. Typically-speaking, a wink and a grin got him everything that he'd ever need, if he couldn't get it himself. But now that he was free of alternate influences, he was free to wonder what it might be like delving deeper into a life of luxury - after all, hadn't he earned the right after years inside that empty cavern?

"Well, I'll give you that. It is shiny."

He listened intently at the description of the grape, as well as his other options. Yeah, fish sounded about right. Something rich and meaty. Speaking of meaty, Knuckles knew exactly what was on his mind. Ashura tented his fingers with a sly grin, flashing an almost-seductive glint in his eyes, but it was something else apart from your run-of-the-mill expression... need? Perhaps it was lust, but of a different color. "Actually... that sounds perfect. I could really go for that." What a mess; being taunted by the very thing he desired most at this very instant.

"Wait. Would that count as my single wish, though?" he suddenly frowned, skeptical. It was clear he was not about to let himself get duped, if that was even a risk.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver the Hedgehog Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:08 pm

(OOC: *criez* I'm so sorry, Ashura-mun! I'm not trying to go off and be all flip and 'oh, I don't need to post'... Please don't be angreh!)

Internally, Knuckles was freaking out. It did sound like the spirit wanted to take his Emerood away from him, and then what would he do for a living? There weren't so many jobs that required digging, or tunnelling, or a sass-mouth... Maybe he could become an illegal boxer? But then he would get bad hype about his fatality-causing knuckles...

Externally, he was as cool and collected as usual. "That it is..." The spirit didn't look like he was going to take it away. And spirits were by default either nice or vengeful... this one seemed a little mix of both, so the Emerood was safe for another day. "Shiny as heck too, so don' go messin' it up now..." The look in the spirit's eyes was another thing though... now that was an unearthly hunger there. Chili-brautwerst-things it was then... "Alright... come with me, and we'll cook some up... an' no, that's not your wish... you already asked for the whole 'find the guy an' kill him', right? Yeesh..." He waved at him with slightly less impatience than he normally gave a visitor. "C'mon."

(C.I., you realise you posted as Silver, dear? I don't think he's Rad Red...~Jack)
Silver the Hedgehog
Silver the Hedgehog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:27 pm

[[ OOC: It's no problem, Cecil. I've actually been EXTREMELY busy until today, so I would not have had the time to respond. I know we have that new post time requirement, but especially if you're having computer problems, it's okay. I do have other things I can do in the meantime while you're away. :) I think as long as we aren't too far behind everyone else (and we shouldn't be with how much we posted the first few days), it should be fine, hun. ]]

For now, no, he had no intention of taking that rock with him, so it was indeed safe. If only for the simple fact that he'd never been interested in such things before.

Kill him? Hm. Well, maybe that was what Ashura wanted, and maybe it wasn't. He had to think very clearly on the matter, but he did know for certain that he wanted to take away whatever powers that the selfish monster gained upon ripping Ashura from his soul. It was attempted murder, and Ashura was very lucky that he had come out of it, that he was no longer dead. Regardless, he was glad that didn't count as his wish. "Good," he said, still set to follow the Guardian. "You have an interesting attitude, though." Ashura finally observed, raising a skeptical brow. He probably hadn't left this island much if he was this obsessed with his shiny emerald, but that didn't give him the right to direct his ill behavior towards the green hedgehog, who as yet had given him no reason to be so sour.

Maybe everyone on this world just didn't know how to function in the presence of another. He could name one other that would have nothing to do with him, for certain.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am

(OOC: I feel stupid, and sorry about being a day before the time requirement... I just found out! -_- *will do better*)

That was just how it seemed to him. Guy wanted him to hunt down another for him? They obviously weren't going to meet with hugs and kisses and tender words, right? With spirits and gods and stuff, things were always super-serious too, like, not just death, but complete erasal from all time, space, and reality.

Bloke probably deserved it too, but he was sort of biased about people popping out of his Emerood.

"Interestin' attitude?" The sarcasm was not lost on him, despite what people thought about 'gullibility'. "It's not you, man. Try guarding that day in and day out, and have people tryin' to steal it all the time, and blue idiots always flyin' in to yammer and yap, and you'll be as receptive as I am..." He gave a wide shrug at him. And here he was trying to be nice! He might just have to step it up on those 'social skills'. After all, it wasn't every day that he had an important guest on the island.

He quickly approached the confiscated equipment from that stupid theme park, and frowned at it. What did the hedgehog do? He couldn't remember which button was pushed first, in which sequence, for how long, and really, it didn't matter, 'cuz he was never cookin' 'em. "Do you know how to work this? 'cuz then I can look for a drink or something..." Excuses were easier than admitting weakness.
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Despite the fact that Knuckles said it wasn't him, he went on to add 'blue idiots always flyin' in to yammer and yap,' to his rant. Ashura shot the echidna a flat glare, lips curling in a short-lived snarl. He didn't choose now to come here, and he wouldn't have stayed trapped inside that rock if he had any choice, anyway. Some empathy this guy had! The snarl faded, but he continued to observe Knuckles coldly, "I guess you have something against 'blue idiots' then, though I wouldn't say 'idiot' is quite the word you're looking for."

"Yeah, I got it, babe." He shoved the Guardian aside and moved to the controls, flipping the switch on. He fully absorbed himself in his work, or at least looked that way, trying to avoid further eye contact with the callous echidna.

[[ Shortpost. ; ; I don't want to give empty filler post. ]]
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Knuckles had no idea of the fact that the mysterious Ashura was a part of Sonic, his annoying rival. He didn't mean to disrespect the guy, after they had gotten along so swimmingly. All he knew was that suddenly he was in the spirit's bad graces. Hmmmph. Figured. He got the only one with a man-monthly, right? It was the only thing he could think of to explain his sudden switch in temperment.

The echidna stumbled off, feeling awkward and a little put out by it all. He picked some long, flat leaves off of the ferns that grew near the stream, and fashioned cups out of them with an expert twist. Well, it wasn't as if he had, say, grown up on a tropical island, was it? The waxy leaves would keep the water from seeping, and with the way they were folded, none of it was gonna get out. If Ashura wasn't a water person, he always had that crap-cola stuff that certain intruders liked to drink, stuffed in the back of the fridge, but he didn't think that spirits were into stuff that rotted everything in the body, startin' with the liver...

...Then again, it was keen on the meat thing...

"Yo, back, green." He wasn't too sneaky about walking back, but he did have some water to quench the thirst. "How's the... stuff comin' 'long?"
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Considering he'd been cooped up in a glowing green rock for an undisclosed period of time, he might be permanently stuck in that mood-swinging state. His last encounter with other sentient beings was so long ago, he couldn't even recall with whom he spoke. Add that on top of the previous suppression he endured, and he was highly unlikely to know how to interact with others. Given the circumstances, he was doing surprisingly well until Knuckles went and rained on his parade.

"Doesn't matter," he muttered to himself, half-heartedly. He would regroup and start from the bottom. If this stranger helped him, fine. If not, that was also fine. Once he had a little food in his belly, he would just be on his way. There had to be a place nearby, which he could turn into a nice pad for the night, if not permanently. An old abandoned building, crashed jet, or even a dead winnebago would function perfectly well as a new home. As he mused to himself, he finished preparing at least the sausages, but the chili was taking longer to warm through.

Knuckles's voice broke through the peace yet again with his drawling, dry tone, and Ashura flared his ears forward, furrowing his brow. "Green?" A slight curve graced his lips as he faltered between anger and dark amusement, challenging the echidna with every inch of his posture. "What does that even mean? I suppose it's something funny to you? First you throw insults, then you can't even get my color right!" Unless it was some kind of symbolism, like yellow-bellied or green with jealousy. He wasn't jealous. Maybe the echidna thought he looked sickly? Rude to point that out, though, wasn't it?

[[ |D Last sentence of dialogue is (c) Ken Pend-- I mean stolen from Rook. :D ]]
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:13 pm

'Kay, so either he got a bi-polar, or secretly female spirit, because there was no way that anyone should get from chipper to depressed that quickly otherwise. He really hoped Ashura wasn't female. He didn't know how to deal with chicks. An' he couldn't hit them, either. And they made him feel weird and squishy inside.

He was glad to see that the hedgehog knew his way around the equipment, so he didn't have to go through the ordeal of trying to make it work himself, and then try to look impressive while doing it as well. It wasn't exactly noble, to let a spirit cook his own food, but Knuckles wasn't gonna step in if he had a good thing going. Clearly, he was okay with it, and so there was no need to make any insistences.

The... verbal attack though... he wasn't cool with that. The guy was practically jumping on top of him, and not in a good way... "N-no, I-" Aaaargh! Attacking a spirit was bad news! They could hex ya for a kabajillion years! But it was tough just trying to restrain himself from clocking him one. What had he done, anyway? Was he sensitive about that? No reason... maybe all hedgehogs were a lil bit racist. Could be that he was ashamed of his own skin? Then who was he to bring it up, anyway? No need for racial divide an' all that rot.

"Um... 'kay then..." He ungritted his teeth, but not his fists. "... I mean no disrespect..." Internally fuming. Really, he had ta say this sort of stuff? Even to a spirit? "Forget I even spoke..." He shrugged, trying to make it look like he was more unconcerned and carefree than he really was. "I... uh..." Well, there went the 'drinks'.

"Y'want a cola??" He sighed.
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:57 am

Ashura watched the echidna's reaction and frowned pointedly as the water was dumped from the leaves. He grunted and turned away. "Doesn't matter," he grumbled a second time. He didn't care what he drank so long as it was liquid. It was a chore, though, dealing with this guy.

The hedgehog fetched a bun from the cart and slapped a hotdog on top, cradling it in his palm. Wasn't it enough that Knuckles barked on about how noisy he was? He spooned chili from the kettle. After all, he'd even offered to answer his questions... whatever those were. Holding the dog tightly, he brought the ladle to the bun and poured the chili along the length of the bun, vaguely noticing a contrast of color compared to what he was used to. He instinctively stepped back, assuming he was standing in some brush, but at the same time he realized he would have noticed this sooner, right?

Deep green eyes widened slowly as he extended one leg, then placed it on the ground and extended the other. He dropped the ladle and trailed his gaze up over his form. Over his shoulder? Green there, too. Ashura's jaw dropped. "What..." He really was green! "Why am I green?" He stared at Knuckles expectantly, clearly in a fit of disbelief. He didn't exactly expect an answer, but it certainly didn't hurt to try.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:10 pm

The hedgehog seemed to know how to go about making a super quick mess-thing, just like Blue. Exactly like Blue. He wondered which one taught the other, or if all hedgehogs had this internal... chili-hot-dog-make...ability... Gah. It didn't matter. Just showed he had sumpin' to eat, an' knew how to keep up a supply of it, that's all.

He was just walking back to his cave to fetch him something to drink when he noticed the spirit's little outburst. Big outburst, maybe. All that just to sit down? Wowie. "What what?" He countered, and then realised how ridiculous he sounded. "Um..." Okay, it was the green that did him in. Toldja so...

"Well, not that I'm an expert on these sort of things, or anythin', but seeing as you're the Spirit of the Master Emerood," He scratched behind his spines nonchalantly. "You would match? I mean, you're the em-bod-ee-ment of it, right?" It made sense to him, just not the whole... hedgehog part. Well, there had to be a balance of spirits, right? So there was an echidna spirit out there too. Such a genius he was~!

(OOC: Looking for new flat/'apartment' right now, a little late, I know.)
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:10 pm

"Is that so?" Ashura raised a brow at the echidna before further scrutinizing his coat. He was pressing the skin on his belly back to test a section of fur on his waist in order to see if ... perhaps it was some kind of residue? Dye or stain? Or maybe it was just some bizarre radioactive glow. If that were the case, though, he expected to be glowing. He narrowed his eyes and ran his fingers through to see the roots, then plucked a single hair for observation. No, the roots were indeed the same color green as the rest of his coat. Was his very existence the power of the Emerald? Maybe he had become a spirit of the Emerald, despite having his own body before (even if he had to share it.)

That was absurd. This was his body, therefore...

But what if he'd gotten powers from that rock?

Ridiculous thoughts. He was still Sonic. Just ... green. But now his choice of name made little to no sense. "You." He pointed without shame towards the echidna's face. " What does my face look like? What color are my eyes? I'm still a hedgehog, right?" He felt like a hedgehog. His quills still weighed down his head, and after feeling around, he confirmed this. "I think." His body felt leaner somehow. Was he taller? Older? Just half-starved? There were a lot of questions on his mind now, too many to keep track.

[[ No worries about being late. I wouldn't have responded before now anyway. XDD ]]
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

"Well, you did pop out of the Emerood," he said, jerking his thumb back in the direction of the gem itself. "If that doesn't make you part of it, I dunno what..." Sure, Chaos had popped out too, and that strange chick with the skirt, but they had been shoved in there by some sort of crazy catastrophic event. This guy looked like the real deal. Well... except that he seemed to go into some sort of self-examination... It didn't look entirely right to the Guardian, and he looked away self-consciously with a blush growing on his face.

He was distracted from his thoughts that perhaps he ought to add a few more traps to this particular circuit by a finger pointing real close in his face. Strange questions... "Erm... Ah, well, you've got an average looking face... one nose, two eyes, a mouth, that good stuff... Eyes are, um, tealish... like the ocean. I dunno." It seemed that the Spirit had a habit of not being a hedgehog, to ask such a question. "Yeah, still a hedgehog. A right lil' skinny one at that. Maybe you should get out of the Emerald more often, y'know?" He shrugged broadly. "But you shouldn't ask me ta describe ya. Why don't you take a good look yourself? C'mon." He gestured impatiently for him to follow the Guardian to Mirror Lake.

(Ah gawsh, I don't know if Mirror Lake is that place in Mercia or not... I can change the post later...Sorry for such a gap in time... You're awesome... ^^;;; )
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashura the Hedgehog Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 am

The hedgehog lowered his head, looking away with a sneer, and what closely resembled an eye roll at the suggestion that he had two eyes, a nose, etc. Oh come on, what did this idiot take him for? Of course he had all that, or he'd have some different kind of senses, right? He would at least know if he was missing an eye, due to changes in perspective, and if he had three.. well... he was certain he would notice that, too. This guy was a real character, and didn't seem to understand the complexity of crawling out of a giant rock after what seemed to be years of dormancy.

Come to think of it, neither did he, really.

"Teal? My eyes are green?! Who thought a hedgehog with green eyes was a good idea?! Isn't that some kind of universal sign of imminent failure, stupidity, and doom? No, wait, nevermind me. That sounds like an... excellent idea." And so the train wreck of a Great Spirit of the Emerald took up behind Knuckles, to follow him to this mysterious way in which he could view himself.
Ashura the Hedgehog
Ashura the Hedgehog
Forum Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum